Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tom Gardner Runs Ohio Bush Into The Ground

Make no mistake, Tom Garder destroyed the family business.

http://www.feltonbrushes.com/index.p...ty-acquisition

"Owned and Operated by the Gardner family for four generations and located in Cleveland, Ohio since 1879, the Ohio Brush Company has been manufacturing innovative, high quality products for industrial and hardware markets.

As of 2014 Felton Brushes Limited acquired the assets and brush-making ability of The Ohio Brush Company."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tom Gardner Runs Ohio Brush Into The Ground

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 2:56:59 PM UTC-8, jon_banquer wrote:

Make no mistake, Tom Gardner destroyed the family business.

http://www.feltonbrushes.com/index.p...ty-acquisition

"Owned and Operated by the Gardner family for four generations and located in Cleveland, Ohio since 1879, the Ohio Brush Company has been manufacturing innovative, high quality products for industrial and hardware markets.

As of 2014 Felton Brushes Limited acquired the assets and brush-making ability of The Ohio Brush Company."

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
Make no mistake, Tom Gardner destroyed the family business.

/snip

You had access to the company financials going back 10 or
more years?

A company established in 1879 and sold [not liquidated] in
2014 was in existence for 135 years. This is exceptional
longevity.

Entire semesters in Bschool are devoted to company case
studies, and conclusions change, as more information about
not only the company's operations, but perhaps more
importantly the socioeconomy in which the company has/had to
operate becomes available.
http://www.hbs.edu/teaching/inside-hbs/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Case_method

NAFTA, and later the WTO, are two of the more likely
suspects, not only for the direct product competition these
allowed, but perhaps more serious, the liquidation of the
company's customer base, as it makes no difference how good
your product is, or how quick the delivery, if you have no
customers...

As I had suggested before, you need to work on your people
skills, and avoid jumping to conclusions based on little or
no data.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/11/2014 2:52 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
Make no mistake, Tom Gardner destroyed the family business.

/snip

You had access to the company financials going back 10 or
more years?

A company established in 1879 and sold [not liquidated] in
2014 was in existence for 135 years. This is exceptional
longevity.

I have no kids and am getting old. I took the best of three deals that
has worked out well except for the building that I still own. But, just
now I have it leased with a positive cash flow and a Ohio State road
project coming through here in a couple of years, and all my employees
dispersed to other companies in the area in my industry. So, let the
wife-beater say what he may, he lies so often that nobody believes a
word he says anyway. I still kept the machine shop and am doing small
projects and consulting for other companies in my industry, there are a
bunch around here and in Milwaukee.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 08:15:46 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/11/2014 2:52 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
[...]

Congratulations on your successful transition into semi-retirement in
a tough industry and "interesting financial times".
Wishing you good health and a Merry Christmas and happy 2015.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 11:52:19 PM UTC-8, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
[...]

I have common sense and the business experience you lack and never will have.

Tom Gardner is a world class loser who destroys anything he touches.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:15:51 AM UTC-8, Tom Gardner wrote:
On 12/11/2014 2:52 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
[...]

Tom Gardner is a loser with no money trying to get on disability and living off his wife.

Tom Gardner ran Ohio Brush into the ground because he couldn't run the business he inherited from his parents.

The Ohio Brush website sucked dead donkey dick and hadn't been updated in 14 years.

I'm everything Tom Gardner will never be.

I live where Tom Gardner can't afford to live.

Thankfully Tom Gardner never had kids. The world doesn't need anymore sad, pathetic losers that lie constantly.

Tom Gardner is a loser and a liar that will hopefully soon stop taking up space on this planet.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/11/2014 2:52 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
[...]

LOL. Two world calls losers congratulating themselves. What part of what

Tom Gardner wrote don't you understand, Clare?

"Dear Tony,

Hi, have you decided how to handle the final bills from the Ohio
building expenses? I must make an appointment with my dentist as I have
a tooth that is tender and I no longer have any dental insurance. I do
hope that I am soon approved for Social Security Disability, my doctor
says it should be approved but takes many months. As it is, Pat and I
are living off of her Social Security and I need to clear all accounts
and sell off my gun collection and camera equipment in order to buy
food, medicines and other absolute necessities. *Every cent of every
check that you have sent to me has gone into paying expenses incurred by
Felton and I must recoup those funds.*

I have the greatest confidence for your success and will do anything
within my power to insure that success. Please use my knowledge, I'm
always available for questions and ideas, there are a lot of things I
have already tried that didn't work and I have a lot of ideas for
products and processes.

Tom Gardner"

Tom Gardner is living off his wife's social security he's so ****ing broke.

Tom Gardner lied for years to this newsgroup and pretended to be a successful businessman.

I've known how much trouble Ohio Brush has been in for years and I'm on the record as saying so many times.

We should all be grateful that limp dick, liar, Tom Gardner never had any kids. The world doesn't need anymore lying, losers like Tom Gardner.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/11/2014 2:52 AM, F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Wed, 10 Dec 2014 23:08:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

snip
[...]

================
A professional is someone who always knows when [and how] to
quit.

Many large corporations such as J C Penny, Sears/K-mart, and
Radio Shack are still in denial [not de river in Egypt]
about the fact that corporations are "mortal," and deserve a
"death with dignity," rather than [very expensive and
ultimately highly disruptive, e. g. bond defaults and credit
default swaps] "heroic measures," and life support, in an
attempt to avoid or delay the inevitable.

Sounds like you made a good job of it, and helping your
employees to find other employment shows good company
"citizenship." [shame this isn't more common] You are to
be commended in minimizing the community and employee
"undertow" that is common when a long established business
is terminated.

I hope you will stay active in the group as I always enjoy
your posts, although I may disagree with them from time to
time.

Best wishes on your consulting and prototyping activities.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/11/2014 5:14 PM, F. George McDuffee wrote:

Sounds like you made a good job of it, and helping your
employees to find other employment shows good company
"citizenship." [shame this isn't more common] You are to
be commended in minimizing the community and employee
"undertow" that is common when a long established business
is terminated.

I hope you will stay active in the group as I always enjoy
your posts, although I may disagree with them from time to
time.

Best wishes on your consulting and prototyping activities.

Thanks! If I had kids...so I adopted some bull-headed Canadians instead.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A few random points.

1. Ohio Brush "assets" were sold. I could not find any bankruptcy case
for "Ohio Brush" and it does not seem to be insolvent. It is an active
corporation in Ohio.

2. Companies buying one another is as normal as the sun rusing every
morning, it is a feature of capitalism.

3. Finding a successful buyer of all assets is a sign that the assets
are employed in a manner that the presumably diligent buyer expects to
bring profit for him. Another sign of at least some successful
operation.

4. The truly basket case companies, which I see every week, cannot
find buyers for business as a whole, cannot find a buyer for all
business assets, and are sold piecemeal to scrappers and resellers.

5. That said, Ohio Brush does not seem to be at the pinnacle of its
success and, I presume, has seen better days in its past 135 years.

6. It is very difficult to find and run a business that consistently
brings above average profits, over a long span, due to intense
competition. It is healthy for all buyers of products and services,
but causes constant "churn", where various players enter and leave the
scene of business.

7. It is much better to sell or liquidate a subpar business, than to
beat your head against the wall in a never ending struggle to keep it
afloat.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:56:54 -0600, Ignoramus8459
wrote:

[...]

I think that most people here recognize that Tom has been headed for
retirement for a long while, and that this is just the machinations of
selling a business and detaching yourself. My parents sold their
businesses, too. If "good will" is an element of the valuation -- and
I'd guess that it was in Tom's case -- it can get sticky.

Notice who is trying to give him a hard time here. Things must be slow
on LinkedIn. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:17:20 PM UTC-8, slow eddy wasted this groups time typing complete bull****:

slow eddy bull**** sniped

Tom Gardner ran Ohio Brush into the ground and sold it for the assets.

Tom Gardner has been in deep **** for years because he couldn't run a business. Specifically, Tom Gardner didn't understand how to generate new sales.

No one in San Diego in the industrial hardware business had ever heard of Ohio Brush when I asked them.

Tom Gardner is a lying piece of **** just like slow eddy is. The only time Tom Gardner ever tells the truth is when he ****s up and posts an email:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:30:32 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

No one in San Diego in the industrial hardware business had ever heard of Ohio Brush when I asked them.

Did you check to see if anyone in Ohio ever heard of San Diego Brush?

Hey, Jon, have you found work yet? Maybe with HSMWorks?

==================================

"Who I'm working with to deliver what truly will be the next
generation of CAM: www.hsmworks.com" -Jon Banquer-

"I understand why your shop did not go with HSMWorks. We have a lot of
work to do." -Jon Banquer-

"Jon is not affiliated with HSMWorks ApS in any way and that we cannot
control what people are writing on the web. Anybody can get
evaluation licenses of HSMWorks and test it themselves. I hope this
clarifies any doubt." - HSMWorks ApS -

Oops....'guess that didn't work out. g

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:10:55 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to pretend he understands CADCAM and failed miserably:

slow eddy bull**** snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 07:23:57 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 11:10:55 PM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to pretend he understands CADCAM and failed miserably:

slow eddy bull**** snipped

Uh, Jon, that was YOUR bull****, spewed from your prolific fantasy
machine and archived for eternity by your many little friends. d8-)

If you want some cheap entertainment, Google "Jon Banquer" and follow
the slime trail.

Nothing to respond to.

BTW, somebody seems to have associated your avatar with the
Powesseve.A! trojan. Was that you, by any chance?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, December 12, 2014 7:34:56 AM UTC-8, slow eddy continued to try and pretend that he knows something about CADCAM and failed:

More slow eddy clueless bull**** snipped

Meanwhile...

My LinkedIn group has lots of comments on HSMWorks as well as an update on the Autodesk Delcam acquisition. Lots of people aren't happy.

There is a reason my LinkedIn group continues to grow like crazy and is closing in on 2,500 members. Membership reads like a who's who of the CADCAM business.

There is also a reason slow eddy is a ad copywriter for worthless pay for play rags. slow eddy has no experience working in a modern, CNC machining job shop and has no experience with CADCAM programming.

slow eddy is a lifelong failure.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 07:49:41 -0800 (PST), jon_banquer
wrote:

On Friday, December 12, 2014 7:34:56 AM UTC-8, slow eddy continued to try and pretend that he knows something about CADCAM and failed:

More slow eddy clueless bull**** snipped

Meanwhile...

My LinkedIn group has lots of comments on HSMWorks...

How many of them are from your many sock puppets, Jon?

What you did is to claim you "worked with them," that you and HSMWorks
had "lots of work to do," when you had nothing to do with them at all.
What you had done is to download the free version of their software
and then complain about the functions in the paid version that aren't
in the free version.

That's one of your common pathological patterns.

Why you bother to post here, after you declared that Usenet users are
all "losers," including yourself in the process, of course, is
something only a psychologist could answer.

If all you want to do is to complain and put people down, while
posting naked links to others' YouTube videos and claiming them as
your "contributions," there's no doubt that you could make a bigger
contribution by staying in your LinkedIn group, where you can delete
posts that call you on your bull****, and con people into believing
you know what you're talking about.

It's a much better place for you. Here, you'll always be a loser, and
you'll never be able to talk your way out of it. We've seen you at
work.

Speaking of which, have you found a job that pays, or are you stuck
giving away free publicity to CAD/CAM salesmen?

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Friday, December 12, 2014 8:57:11 AM UTC-8, slow eddy tried to cover up the fact that he's a life long loser and failed:

Typical slow eddy bull**** and lies snipped

Nothing to respond to.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 5:56:57 PM UTC-8, iggy wrote:

5. That said, Ohio Brush does not seem to be at the pinnacle of its
success and, I presume, has seen better days in its past 135 years.

Ohio Brush had been declining for many years under Tom Gardner "leadership".

As I correctly pointed out many times over the last few years, Tom Gardner didn't understand the value of selling. The Ohio Brush website hadn't received an update for 14 years, Ohio Brush had no distributors in SoCal, etc.

Tom Gardner destroyed Ohio Brush so badly that all the remained were the manufacturing assets. Besides the assets, the business was worthless.

Tom Gardner is so broke he's living off his wife's Social Security.

For many years Tom Gardner has pretended to be a successful business owner. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Tom Gardner is a serial liar and an incompetent businessman. I've know it for years and I've said it for years while dip****s like you, slow eddy, Larry Jackass and Mark Wieber tired to claim otherwise.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/12/2014 8:22 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yabbut, you came away with a big brass set of lesbian balls, too.
That shows your high creativity level. It's something that li'l
wanquer will never have, in either case.

The good Lord only gave me one small gift. I "see" mechanisms in my
head, I can then draw them and build them. God didn't know that I would
rather have had a big tool and a cute face. Or, at least look as good
as You!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 05:47:09 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

snip
As a result you claim they suck? How is that? Because they've gotten good =
results from being responsible?

/snip

There are at least two classes of millionaires. Those who
have grown their wealth, and those who have inherited their
wealth, or "lucked" into it, for example winning the
lottery.

It is entirely possible those who have inherited their
wealth become involved in the family business, or actively
manage their wealth (and indeed many do), but in many other
cases they become rentiers*, with their wealth under
"professional" management, i. e. they join "the beautiful
people**" club.
*
http://tinyurl.com/b2bo7dn http://tinyurl.com/p54z3d2
** http://tinyurl.com/2pkvtr http://tinyurl.com/k7ngc8g

We are discussing two very different groups, with the only
common factor being ownership of a large concentration of
wealth/assets.

The typical behavior and world view of these two groups are
very different.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/12/2014 11:57 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Did you see the press release on the Navy's 30kw laser weapon? Is it
already obsolete or a good platform?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:58:41 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/12/2014 11:57 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Did you see the press release on the Navy's 30kw laser weapon? Is it
already obsolete or a good platform?

Yes, and I know the people who make the laser(s). It's been under
development for some years now. The lasers have been available as
commercial units but I think they've been working on the control
software to make the weapon effective. I know they've been refining
the power supply for compactness and portability.

What it is, is a stack of six 5 kW fiber lasers, like the kind used to
cut steel in fabrication shops. They're off-the-shelf designs,
probably modified to handle duty at sea.

Now we're in for a laser arms race. In Atlanta last month I saw a 5 kW
direct-diole laser. It has the potential to be quite a weapon.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On 12/12/2014 11:57 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:

Did you see the press release on the Navy's 30kw laser weapon? Is it
already obsolete or a good platform?

Yes, and I know the people who make the laser(s). It's been under
development for some years now. The lasers have been available as
commercial units but I think they've been working on the control
software to make the weapon effective. I know they've been refining
the power supply for compactness and portability.

What it is, is a stack of six 5 kW fiber lasers, like the kind used to
cut steel in fabrication shops. They're off-the-shelf designs,
probably modified to handle duty at sea.

Now we're in for a laser arms race. In Atlanta last month I saw a 5 kW
direct-diole laser. It has the potential to be quite a weapon.

That's "direct-diode." I had eye surgery two days ago. That's why I've
been making so many spelling errors for the past couple of months. I
can barely see the type.

--
Ed Huntress
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:09:34 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip
That's "direct-diode." I had eye surgery two days ago. That's why I've
been making so many spelling errors for the past couple of months. I
can barely see the type.

At least you have a good excuse, besides I was pretty sure you meant
to type "diode".

I may not see all that great but that isn't the main problem. My brain
just automatically fixes typos on the fly. Thus the misspellings don't
always register. I have to re-read stuff numerous times, use a
spelling checker and even then stuff still slips through. Nothing new,
been that way for a long time. Lucky for me it doesn't affect my
work ;-)

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 16:01:27 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:09:34 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip
That's "direct-diode." I had eye surgery two days ago. That's why I've
been making so many spelling errors for the past couple of months. I
can barely see the type.

At least you have a good excuse, besides I was pretty sure you meant
to type "diode".

I may not see all that great but that isn't the main problem. My brain
just automatically fixes typos on the fly. Thus the misspellings don't
always register. I have to re-read stuff numerous times, use a
spelling checker and even then stuff still slips through. Nothing new,
been that way for a long time. Lucky for me it doesn't affect my
work ;-)

Anyone who's ever proofread for medical or legal publishing knows your
pain. g Until last week I had an associate editor who was young and
a very good proofreader, so I wasn't too picky. I hate proofreading,
anyway.

Now I'm on my own until Jan. 1, when my new editor (Larry Adams, if
you ever read MicroMachining or Cutting Tool Engineering) begins.

When you proofread legal or medical, you read forward for grammar,
syntax, punctuation and style. Then you read backwards, from back to
front, for spelling. Reading a 3,000-word article backwards is enough
to make you want to slit your throat.

I had cataract surgery on Wednesday at 10:00 AM. At 9:00 AM, my layout
for this month's issue was in my inbox. I started proofreading as soon
as the anesthetic wore off, around 3:00 PM, and had to be finished by
7:00 AM. That was a miserable afternoon and night.

My publisher tried to pitch in. He proofread the whole issue, and
announced he found no errors, telling me to rest and not to edit it
myself. I found four before I got to page 10. g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

McAvity fired this volley in
:

I guess Tom's success has made that Wanquer fellow "bristle" with
envy......

There's more than a fiber of truth to that!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 12:54:12 -0500, Tom Gardner
wrote:

On 12/12/2014 8:22 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Yabbut, you came away with a big brass set of lesbian balls, too.
That shows your high creativity level. It's something that li'l
wanquer will never have, in either case.

The good Lord only gave me one small gift. I "see" mechanisms in my
head, I can then draw them and build them. God didn't know that I
would rather have had a big tool and a cute face. Or, at least look
as good as You!

I'm blessed with being able to see mechanisms in 3D, too, thankfully.
It has enriched my life to a very great extent. "Things" are fun!

I too am blessed with the ability to "see" things in 3D . Makes things
simple for me that others struggle with . I seldom commit anything to paper
though , unless it's pretty complex or I plan to share it with someone else
..
My Lesbian Balls are aluminum , cast in my own foundry ...
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/12/2014 10:59 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I'm blessed with being able to see mechanisms in 3D, too, thankfully.
It has enriched my life to a very great extent. "Things" are fun!

I used to think everyone could and couldn't understand how some just
don't "get it". Yet people that have skills that are unfathomable to me
are just awesome!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/12/2014 11:09 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

I too am blessed with the ability to "see" things in 3D . Makes things
simple for me that others struggle with . I seldom commit anything to paper
though , unless it's pretty complex or I plan to share it with someone else
..
My Lesbian Balls are aluminum , cast in my own foundry ...

OH, NOoooo...yo have "the knack",
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8vHhgh6oM0

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 12/12/2014 3:01 PM, Leon Fisk wrote:
On Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:09:34 -0500
Ed Huntress wrote:

snip
That's "direct-diode." I had eye surgery two days ago. That's why I've
been making so many spelling errors for the past couple of months. I
can barely see the type.

At least you have a good excuse, besides I was pretty sure you meant
to type "diode".

I may not see all that great but that isn't the main problem. My brain
just automatically fixes typos on the fly. Thus the misspellings don't
always register. I have to re-read stuff numerous times, use a
spelling checker and even then stuff still slips through. Nothing new,
been that way for a long time. Lucky for me it doesn't affect my
work ;-)

Your spell chucker works just fine!

Tom Gardner still here? Lloyd E. Sponenburgh[_3_] Metalworking 12 November 16th 13 02:44 PM
Tom Gardner of Ohio Brush Company wants an union shop for 2012 Ed Huntress Metalworking 9 January 25th 12 10:08 AM
Converting a positive ground valve/tube car radio to negative ground ? N_Cook Electronics Repair 22 July 25th 08 03:18 PM
PING: Tom Gardner Anthony Metalworking 0 April 13th 06 10:35 PM
ATTN: Tom Gardner.................. Roy Metalworking 18 December 9th 04 05:17 PM