Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default popup doorstop?

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up
action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a
side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I
want has to lock up or down.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

unk wrote:

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up
action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a
side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I
want has to lock up or down.

mcmaster.com search "plunger door holders"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:38:01 +0000 (UTC), unk wrote:

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up
action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a
side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I
want has to lock up or down.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/n973sso or this:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metal-S.../dp/B007VCT3NA
Pop the RBBB off and the rod'll go into the floor.

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor so the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it when
I have the stop locked down.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:14:40 +0000 (UTC), Jerry Stuckle
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:38:01 +0000 (UTC), unk wrote:

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up
action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a
side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I
want has to lock up or down.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/n973sso or this:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metal-S.../dp/B007VCT3NA
Pop the RBBB off and the rod'll go into the floor.

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor so the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it when
I have the stop locked down.

Good luck. I've never even seen that style.

--
Newman's First Law:
It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor so

the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it

when
I have the stop locked down.

If it's at all in a dirty environment (like a shop floor), you'll not be
happy with such.

Although not the style you asked for, here's one form of mortised stop:
http://www.replacementboatparts.com/popupdoorstop.aspx

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

. 4.170...
Larry Jaques fired this volley
in
:

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a
poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor
so

the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it

when
I have the stop locked down.

If it's at all in a dirty environment (like a shop floor), you'll
not be
happy with such.

Although not the style you asked for, here's one form of mortised
stop:
http://www.replacementboatparts.com/popupdoorstop.aspx

Lloyd

The common hardware to hold a door in position is a bolt on the door
that drops into a hole in the floor. The shallow hole is more easily
installed and vacuumed clean than a sliding popup bolt would be, and
can't become a tripping hazard. Is this floor ever wet-mopped?

In practice people use weights or rubber wedges moved into or out of
position with a toe, or fold-down stops:
http://www.amazon.com/Battalion-1XNK.../dp/B001H4T6CQ

-jsw

Wanna popup - go to Simply Scuba geoff UK diy 14 July 2nd 12 08:22 PM
Handbasin popup waste type? Jim K[_3_] UK diy 1 November 18th 11 05:25 PM
doorstop patt Home Repair 5 July 6th 09 12:39 AM
Cleaning Popup Plug Rod UK diy 5 April 27th 08 01:07 PM
Popup bathroom sink Noel Home Repair 1 December 4th 07 08:55 PM