Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jerry Stuckle[_2_] Jerry Stuckle[_2_] is offline

Default popup doorstop?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:57:57 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:38:01 +0000 (UTC), unk wrote:

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up
action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a
side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I
want has to lock up or down.

Like this? http://tinyurl.com/n973sso or this:
http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Metal-S.../dp/B007VCT3NA
Pop the RBBB off and the rod'll go into the floor.

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor so the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it when
I have the stop locked down.