Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Popup bathroom sink

Overnight, I noticed this morning that it would not hold water in the
basin as I usually have. Does that mean that there is a washer that
has worn out or do I have to replace the popup. If it needs a
washer...what do I look for and I only need one or at least 2 for
backup...not a box full. Would moving the hole that sets the pace for
it to work below the sink matter?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 4, 3:38 pm, Noel wrote:
Overnight, I noticed this morning that it would not hold water in the
basin as I usually have. Does that mean that there is a washer that
has worn out or do I have to replace the popup. If it needs a
washer...what do I look for and I only need one or at least 2 for
backup...not a box full. Would moving the hole that sets the pace for
it to work below the sink matter?

If it's the type with the rod below the sink, push down on the pop-up
to see if it seals. If that helps, lubricate everything associated
with the pop-up below the sink.

If that doesn't help, disconnect the rod and pull it out so you can
remove the pop-up. Flush the drain. Maybe you have hair and gunk
that's stopping the pop-up from going down all the way.

clogged bathroom sink rob Home Repair 10 September 8th 06 04:39 AM
pop up bathroom sink plug svmsbb UK diy 3 August 13th 06 11:33 PM
Kohler Bath Drain Popup Stuck Michael Roback Home Repair 3 February 23rd 05 12:53 AM
Kohler Bath Drain Popup Shut HELP Michael Roback Home Ownership 0 February 20th 05 09:52 PM
Ice in bathroom sink P-trap MPost Home Repair 12 January 21st 05 12:08 AM