Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default popup doorstop?

. 4.170...
Larry Jaques fired this volley
in
:

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a
poke-up-
from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor
so

the
door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it

when
I have the stop locked down.

If it's at all in a dirty environment (like a shop floor), you'll
not be
happy with such.

Although not the style you asked for, here's one form of mortised
stop:
http://www.replacementboatparts.com/popupdoorstop.aspx

Lloyd

The common hardware to hold a door in position is a bolt on the door
that drops into a hole in the floor. The shallow hole is more easily
installed and vacuumed clean than a sliding popup bolt would be, and
can't become a tripping hazard. Is this floor ever wet-mopped?

In practice people use weights or rubber wedges moved into or out of
position with a toe, or fold-down stops:
http://www.amazon.com/Battalion-1XNK.../dp/B001H4T6CQ

-jsw