Posted to alt.home.repair

Default doorstop

I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece
of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of wood to
the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the door? It is
just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to keep the door
open. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"patt" wrote in message
I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small
piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of
wood to the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the
door? It is just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to
keep the door open. Thanks.

Since you are going into metal, a sheet metal screw is best. Get them long
enough to pass through the plywood, but not so long as to go through the
back of the door. Alternately, use the next size up sheet metal screw and
skip the wood.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:26:10 -0700, "patt" wrote:

I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece
of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of wood to
the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the door? It is
just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to keep the door
open. Thanks.

Metal screws. Are the screw threads stripped or the pilot holes in the
door wobbled out? I fixed a door sweep with bad screws.

In that case I used pop-rivets, worked great.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"patt" wrote in message
I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small
piece of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of
wood to the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the
door? It is just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to
keep the door open. Thanks.

Have you used Lock Tight on the screws?

Freckles

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:26:10 -0700, patt wrote:

I have a metal door and the doorstop is attached to it with screws. The
screws keep loosening. I would like to screw the door stop to a small piece
of wood (plywood, whatever) and then glue and screw that piece of wood to
the door. What kind of screws would I use to attach it to the door? It is
just the common doorstop with the little leg you kick down to keep the door
open. Thanks.

pop-nuts in the door and then loctite the machine screws.

Posted to alt.home.repair

You may be able to drill through the entire door. Then, use
long machine screws with nylon stop nuts and washers on the
other side.

The other suggestions are good. Next size up, or use pop
rivets.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus