Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ping Don Foreman

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/23/2014 3:43 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

He and Vicky should be up at "da lake" right now. Milady and I had
dinner with Don and Vicky about two weeks ago, they seem healthy and
happy.

Karl

Next time you seem them tell them hi from the gang here?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:43:15 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...
--
William
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

William Bagwell explained on 24/06/2014 :
wrote:

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

Why???? :/

There are lots of free or very cheep providers free.teranews.com for
one and they even carry (some)binaries.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

I haven't been on an ISP-based feed for several years now, all of them
having dried up, but there are a sufficient number of free servers to
keep me connected.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 24-Jun-14 4:43 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

He and Vicky should be up at "da lake" right now. Milady and I had
dinner with Don and Vicky about two weeks ago, they seem healthy and
happy.

Karl

Thanks Karl. I don't know Don, I've just always enjoyed reading his
posts. Good to hear he's kicking along ok. As others said, tell him the
guys @ rcm said hi!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

I use fortinec.com for newsgroups, it costs about $3 a month.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/24/2014 9:15 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too ,
but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

I'm too the point that if I ever wake up and something doesn't hurt,
I'll know I'm in heaven.

I made valence boxes for the living room and dining room windows this
weekend.

The living room windows are 93 inches tall. Standing on top of a five
foot ladder with a nine foot long box in hand I realized that I probably
can still fall as well as I could years back, but I probably don't
bounce as well...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Don isn't going to see this. His computer quit getting RCM and he said
its not worth figuring out why.

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

www.giganews.com is simply one of many Usenet providers.

Costs me less than $5 a month and the binary downloads are worth much
more than that.

"Libertarianism IS fascism... Fascism is corporate government – a Libertarian’s wet dream"
Tala Brandeis
Owner at Tala Brandeis Associates"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:22:09 +1000, John G wrote:

William Bagwell explained on 24/06/2014 :

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

Why???? :/

There are lots of free or very cheep providers free.teranews.com for
one and they even carry (some)binaries.

Have vague recollections of suggesting NSPs to him years ago. One of the
few here I have ever emailed personally... Looking at my saved posts it
appears he last posted here about nine months ago which was well before
TDS completely ditched usenet. So it is possible Harold disappeared for
other reasons.

Oh, I have used $3 per month Forte APN for many years. They are an
Easynews reseller and one of the rare cases where resellers are worth
using.
--
William

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for
painless too , but we know that's not likely "especially at our
age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

I'm too the point that if I ever wake up and something doesn't hurt,
I'll know I'm in heaven.

Can I get an AMEN !

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:34:55 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

looks like Don is a good Finlander, given to understatement, his lady
(Vicky) has a different story:

Julie-

The plan was to be at the lake for two weeks starting on Tuesday, but
Don
broke his leg in two places on Saturday,so we're at the hospital
(Unity in
Fridley). Apparently he fell off his stool in the computer lab and
fell on
the cement floor. He's got a splint up to the knee and more
protection
above the near with a temporary plaster cast.
A week from Monday he'll get his permanent cast that goes way up on
the
thigh with his knee slightly bent. At first they were talking about
putting
a rod in (two nasty breaks) but the second x-ray showed it went
together
really well, so maybe it won't be necessary if it keeps healing that
way.
Full healing may take up to 20 weeks. Sure puts a damper on a lot of
summer
plans!! Plus no driving since it's his right foot.

Vicki

Monday afternoon step-son Dave and I moved Don to North Ridge in New
Hope
for transitional care - physical and occupational therapy. He cannot
put
any weight at all on his right leg, so he hops on his left in the
walker. A
week from today we go to the orthopedist for another x-ray. If things
are
still aligned he'll get a permanent cast from ankle to mid-thigh. If
not,
surgery to put rod/s in. Hope it's all still lined up! When he gets
out of
North Ridge we'll go to his house since mine has too many steps. It's
going
to be a long haul!

Vicki
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don is one of my favorite guys, I hope that he recovers soon.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 20:18:03 -0400, William Bagwell
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 12:22:09 +1000, John G wrote:

William Bagwell explained on 24/06/2014 :

Sad! Probably will not be seeing Harold Vordos for a similar reason. Our
ISP ditched usenet a few months ago, I have alternate providers Harold
did not...

Why???? :/

There are lots of free or very cheep providers free.teranews.com for
one and they even carry (some)binaries.

Have vague recollections of suggesting NSPs to him years ago. One of the
few here I have ever emailed personally... Looking at my saved posts it
appears he last posted here about nine months ago which was well before
TDS completely ditched usenet. So it is possible Harold disappeared for
other reasons.

He tires of the crap easily, so he comes and goes.

Oh, I have used $3 per month Forte APN for many years. They are an
Easynews reseller and one of the rare cases where resellers are worth
using.

Ditto here. I've had far fewer problems with access through Forte
than others before them. the few outages they've had have been
upline, not their problem, but they've helped solve the problem and
have been back up before other providers. It's $36/yr well spent,
IMO.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too ,
but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

You're just lucky you had -all- that padding around your waist to
break the fall, Tawmmy boy. snort

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Please send my (or all our group's) condolences to Foreman for us,
Karl. Mega-suckage.

P.S: I know he'll be at his other home, but for kicks, also ask him
how he's going to engineer and build a lounge chair for his dock so he
can fish from it in that long-legged cast. Just how handy is Vicki?

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/24/2014 10:15 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too ,
but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

I'm too the point that if I ever wake up and something doesn't hurt,
I'll know I'm in heaven.

And, a well deserved reservation!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too ,
but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

You're just lucky you had -all- that padding around your waist to
break the fall, Tawmmy boy. snort

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer

Nope, I lost most of my baby fat years ago when my sister took over the
cooking and mom & dad passed. Maybe I'll buy a William Holden Walking
Helmet and skateboard wrist protectors. Or, just go "bubble-Boy" with
bubble wrap.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Oh, I have used $3 per month Forte APN for many years. They are an
Easynews reseller and one of the rare cases where resellers are
worth
using.

Ditto here. I've had far fewer problems with access through Forte
than others before them. the few outages they've had have been
upline, not their problem, but they've helped solve the problem and
have been back up before other providers. It's $36/yr well spent,
IMO.

I use Eternal September with Outlook Express. It's not perfect but
it's free.
http://www.eternal-september.org/

I save my money for toys like this, a DC version of the Kill-A-Watt:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYZS6R6/...332200_TE_item
http://www.mandrakessolar.com.au/Wat...zer%20User.pdf
Could you explain electricity better?

-jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Oh, I have used $3 per month Forte APN for many years. They are an
Easynews reseller and one of the rare cases where resellers are
worth
using.

Ditto here. I've had far fewer problems with access through Forte
than others before them. the few outages they've had have been
upline, not their problem, but they've helped solve the problem and
have been back up before other providers. It's $36/yr well spent,
IMO.

I use Eternal September with Outlook Express. It's not perfect but
it's free.
http://www.eternal-september.org/

-jsw

I use teranews mainly , with e-s as a backup for their infrequent glitches
.. Both are free and have binaries - tera charges a $3.95 setup and has
better binaries .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Please send my (or all our group's) condolences to Foreman for us,
Karl. Mega-suckage.

P.S: I know he'll be at his other home, but for kicks, also ask him
how he's going to engineer and build a lounge chair for his dock so he
can fish from it in that long-legged cast. Just how handy is Vicki?

Dons' Answer:

Vicki isn’t handy at all, Larry, so fuggedaboudit.

She is, however, quite capable. She has one extremely useful tool:
step-son-in-law Daryl. Daryl makes his living as an EMT and
instructor of EMT training, but he is also a pretty good machinist and
weldor – and he has two lathes, a couple of mills, TIG, stick, and
gas welding … and he likes me.

I actually get around surprisingly well with a walker. I don’t “walk”
because I can’t put any weight on the broken leg, but I can hop. Did
60 feet twice today. The therapists were quite surprised.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

Please send our wishes for a speedy recovery . I'd wish for painless too ,
but we know that's not likely "especially at our age" .

Don't fall!!! I fell two weeks ago and my wrists still hurt, lucky I
didn't break them...I guess that's common.

You're just lucky you had -all- that padding around your waist to
break the fall, Tawmmy boy. snort

Nope, I lost most of my baby fat years ago when my sister took over the
cooking and mom & dad passed.

Oh, weight loss is good. I must have seen an old pic of you at the
shop that you posted/linked here within the last decade or so.

?

and skateboard wrist protectors. Or, just go "bubble-Boy" with
bubble wrap.

Go with the wrap, and be sure to post a pic here. We'd love to see it.

--
Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
-- Robert J. Sawyer
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 25 Jun 2014 13:10:31 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

Please send my (or all our group's) condolences to Foreman for us,
Karl. Mega-suckage.

P.S: I know he'll be at his other home, but for kicks, also ask him
how he's going to engineer and build a lounge chair for his dock so he
can fish from it in that long-legged cast. Just how handy is Vicki?

Dons' Answer:

Vicki isn’t handy at all, Larry, so fuggedaboudit.

She is, however, quite capable. She has one extremely useful tool:
step-son-in-law Daryl. Daryl makes his living as an EMT and
instructor of EMT training, but he is also a pretty good machinist and
weldor – and he has two lathes, a couple of mills, TIG, stick, and
gas welding … and he likes me.

Congrats.

I actually get around surprisingly well with a walker. I don’t “walk”
because I can’t put any weight on the broken leg, but I can hop. Did
60 feet twice today. The therapists were quite surprised.

OK, Don, you just got a new nick. HOPPY!