Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Ping Don Foreman

On Tue, 24 Jun 2014 14:34:55 -0500, Karl Townsend
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014 19:05:29 +0800, Kennedy wrote:

Not sure if you still read this group Don......

If you do how about telling us all what you have been up to. I always
enjoyed reading your posts.

Regards from down under.

I just checked in with Don and got this back:

I fell and broke my leg. After 3 days in hospital I'm in a
transitional rehab place for a week or 2

looks like Don is a good Finlander, given to understatement, his lady
(Vicky) has a different story:

Julie-

The plan was to be at the lake for two weeks starting on Tuesday, but
Don
broke his leg in two places on Saturday,so we're at the hospital
(Unity in
Fridley). Apparently he fell off his stool in the computer lab and
fell on
the cement floor. He's got a splint up to the knee and more
protection
above the near with a temporary plaster cast.
A week from Monday he'll get his permanent cast that goes way up on
the
thigh with his knee slightly bent. At first they were talking about
putting
a rod in (two nasty breaks) but the second x-ray showed it went
together
really well, so maybe it won't be necessary if it keeps healing that
way.
Full healing may take up to 20 weeks. Sure puts a damper on a lot of
summer
plans!! Plus no driving since it's his right foot.

Vicki

Monday afternoon step-son Dave and I moved Don to North Ridge in New
Hope
for transitional care - physical and occupational therapy. He cannot
put
any weight at all on his right leg, so he hops on his left in the
walker. A
week from today we go to the orthopedist for another x-ray. If things
are
still aligned he'll get a permanent cast from ankle to mid-thigh. If
not,
surgery to put rod/s in. Hope it's all still lined up! When he gets
out of
North Ridge we'll go to his house since mine has too many steps. It's
going
to be a long haul!

Vicki