Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ayone heard from Don Foreman lately?

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:31:48 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

We exchanged emails last week. he's getting ready to help me with an
MP9 Renishaw probe. But first, He had to make a trip up nort' to da
lake.

He and "the Kid" went to a handgun shoot a couple weeks ago. Both had
a blast.

IMHO, Don is gettin' on as well as can be expected.

Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

We exchanged emails last week. he's getting ready to help me with an
MP9 Renishaw probe. But first, He had to make a trip up nort' to da
lake.

He and "the Kid" went to a handgun shoot a couple weeks ago. Both had
a blast.

IMHO, Don is gettin' on as well as can be expected.

Good to hear. I was wondering what had happened to him, after three
weeks of no messages.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

We exchanged emails last week. he's getting ready to help me with an
MP9 Renishaw probe. But first, He had to make a trip up nort' to da
lake.

He and "the Kid" went to a handgun shoot a couple weeks ago. Both had
a blast.

IMHO, Don is gettin' on as well as can be expected.

Karl

I agree..he is walking a long and lonely road.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

Chuggin' along.

I have a new friend. Not a romance, just a friend. She was widowed 3
weeks before I was in March. Took until August to connect with her,
that's a story in itself.

We're enjoying each other's company now and then, sharing joy. We're
both grieving but going for laughter and joy when we can.

Last weekend we attended the Grape Stomp at the Carlos Creek winery
near Alexandria,MN.
http://www.ccwgrapestomp.com/
That was a cabin weekend, separate bedrooms. We went up Friday
night, attended the festival on Saturday, returned home on Sunday.
We were up until 3AM talking Friday and Saturday nights as fellow
travellers.

It was a lot of fun! 7 bands, all of them good. We were singing
along in two-part harmony now and then, and she got up and danced,
even got me dancing a bit. One band did a cover of Roy Orbison's
"Anything You Want". Not easy to do but they did it very well. She
recalled that Roy was one of Mary's faves so she raised her wine glass
and offered a toast to Mary. It's that kind of friendship. She didn't
know Mary other than what I'd told her about her, though they had met.
She's the receptionist in the audiology clinic where Mar and I
attended many appointments together. After an audiology appointment,
on the way home, Mary said, "You liked her, didn't you Foreman."
"Yeah, I did." "I did too."

Down the road a ways: "What did you like about her?" Saw that
coming. "Honesty, she presents exactly as she is." "Yeah, I noticed
that too. So you didn't notice her big blue eyes and nice tits?"

Gotta say I miss Mary bigtime. She was a lot of fun and much more.

Monday night after Grapestomp weekend I attended my first square
dancing lesson. They assign experienced dancers or " angels" to us
newbies, she was my angel. That was a lot of fun. I later learned
that she was missing late hub bad so probably faking enjoyment with
me. She concealed that well. She'd be a good poker player.

Yesterday and today I've been going thru withdrawal; won't see her
for a couple of weeks now and I do need to keep this friendship in
perspective. She's having no problem doing that. I am a little but
think I'm tracking OK now. I think it's fairly certain that it won't
go beyond casual friendship because she can't let go of her late hub,
seems determined not to let go, and the 10-year age difference seems
to be an elephant in the room for her though I am in good health. She
can't keep up with me on a walk at my usual pace. Maybe I just don't
turn her crank other than as a friend. Thatll work for a while. A
good friendship sure beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Having a friend, companion and fellow traveller doesn't alleviate the
necessity to find a way to eventually get as comfortable as possible
in one's own skin as a single person, but it can provide some joy
along that lumpy journey.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

You betta hope your new friend isn't a RCM reader!

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

How can you miss 'Big blue eyes'? ;-)

Gotta say I miss Mary bigtime. She was a lot of fun and much more.

Monday night after Grapestomp weekend I attended my first square
dancing lesson. They assign experienced dancers or " angels" to us
newbies, she was my angel. That was a lot of fun. I later learned
that she was missing late hub bad so probably faking enjoyment with
me. She concealed that well. She'd be a good poker player.

Sounds like she could take you to the cleaners. ;-)

Yesterday and today I've been going thru withdrawal; won't see her
for a couple of weeks now and I do need to keep this friendship in
perspective. She's having no problem doing that. I am a little but
think I'm tracking OK now. I think it's fairly certain that it won't
go beyond casual friendship because she can't let go of her late hub,
seems determined not to let go, and the 10-year age difference seems
to be an elephant in the room for her though I am in good health. She
can't keep up with me on a walk at my usual pace. Maybe I just don't
turn her crank other than as a friend. That'll work for a while. A
good friendship sure beats a sharp stick in the eye.

Amen!

Having a friend, companion and fellow traveller doesn't alleviate the
necessity to find a way to eventually get as comfortable as possible
in one's own skin as a single person, but it can provide some joy
along that lumpy journey.

Keep up the good work, and congratulations on your progress so far,
my friend.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

Having a friend, companion and fellow traveller doesn't alleviate the
necessity to find a way to eventually get as comfortable as possible
in one's own skin as a single person, but it can provide some joy
along that lumpy journey.

Enjoy the good times when you find them. I suspect you are going to find a lot more good
times as long as you keep it real.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman on Thu, 22 Sep 2011
02:53:22 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
wrote:

The last post I see was made on August 26th, 3:06 AM.

Chuggin' along.

I have a new friend. Not a romance, just a friend. She was widowed 3
weeks before I was in March. Took until August to connect with her,
that's a story in itself.

We're enjoying each other's company now and then, sharing joy. We're
both grieving but going for laughter and joy when we can.

Mazel. I've a "young" widow as my new bestest friend. We're good
for each other.

[...]

And don't screw up a friendship by getting married.

Having a friend, companion and fellow traveller doesn't alleviate the
necessity to find a way to eventually get as comfortable as possible
in one's own skin as a single person, but it can provide some joy
along that lumpy journey.

Is always good to have someone to talk to. But that you can go
home and listen tot he crickets - or whatever.
--
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!