Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gunner, did you see what happened in Bakersfield?

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:30:35 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus8923 wrote:
Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Cats are so completely better than dogs. Black cats are completely better than all other cats.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 14 May 2014 19:30:35 -0500, Ignoramus8923
wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ignoramus8923 wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

That's pretty common, it just isn't usually caught on video. I had a cat
many years ago that went on attack when a strange dog came into my yard
and started barking at me (~10 at the time).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/15/2014 06:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

It looked to be pudgy, which would suggest to me that it was often bored
and overfed, and most likely not socialized. My guess is that it got
out, "new" to the world, and not knowing any better, attacked the
wriggling thing on the machine.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

Can we do the same to it's irresponsible owners?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Danniken wrote:

On 05/15/2014 06:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

It looked to be pudgy, which would suggest to me that it was often bored
and overfed, and most likely not socialized. My guess is that it got
out, "new" to the world, and not knowing any better, attacked the
wriggling thing on the machine.

Quite possibly. I see a great many dog owners who seem to have no reason
to have a dog at all, they just keep it in the back yard and throw food
at it occasionally and otherwise have no interaction with it. They also
of course do nothing to control it's constant barking disturbing the
entire neighborhood either.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Wed, 14 May 2014 22:56:59 -0700
wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

with claws! Furry chainsaw.

Guess who got tuna for dinner?
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Pete C. wrote:

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged
pipe cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix
. Dog has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

Can we do the same to it's irresponsible owners?

Fine by me ... dog owners that neither interact with nor train their dog are
what gives responsible dog owners a black eye . I have a dog , she barks at
strange people in her space . It's up to me to teach her just what is "her
space" ... and who our friends are . And if my dog bites you , it's because
you threatened her pack . Don't even get near my grandkids when she's with
them . I think probably 8 times out of 10 when I walk past her I'll reach
down and give her a little scratch behind the ears or something - and she
repays me with unswerving love and loyalty .

--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-15, Pete C. wrote:

Ignoramus8923 wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

That's pretty common, it just isn't usually caught on video. I had a cat
many years ago that went on attack when a strange dog came into my yard
and started barking at me (~10 at the time).

This was very nice of your cat!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-15, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 05/15/2014 06:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

It looked to be pudgy, which would suggest to me that it was often bored
and overfed, and most likely not socialized. My guess is that it got
out, "new" to the world, and not knowing any better, attacked the
wriggling thing on the machine.

I was wondering, why did the dog decide to attack this little boy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2014-05-15, Jon Danniken wrote:

On 05/15/2014 06:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog

has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

It looked to be pudgy, which would suggest to me that it was often bored

and overfed, and most likely not socialized. My guess is that it got

out, "new" to the world, and not knowing any better, attacked the

wriggling thing on the machine.

I was wondering, why did the dog decide to attack this little boy.

Why don't you ask the dog?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 13:20:51 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

So what happens if the dog is with your grandkids and some other kid
comes over to play and you are not watching? Does the kid get bit?
Eric
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

That ChowChow part controls its brain. One of the few dogs I have
zero use for.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

How about the dog Wieber let hang? Did Wieber have much use for that dog? No way should Mark Wieber ever be allowed to own any breed of dog.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Nope , she loves kids . You should have seen the look we got when she met
our newest g-kid . Like "geez , another one ?" .
--
Snag

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

That's good. The owners must have been brutal to it.

A yuppie couple came into the Home Depot where I was getting paint
this morning...with their dog on a leash. It howled, whimpered, and
then started barking louder than I could stand. It was a mutt with
some Australian sheepherding dog in it. I'm certain that if a kid
wandered up to that "nice doggy" to pet it, it would have taken the
kid's hand off. Why in the hell do people think they need to take
their dogs shopping in HD and Wally World, anyway? Crom, that's
irritating. If I hadn't had my work shirt on, I would have given them
a piece of my mind, maybe screaming "OUTSIDE!" at the guy when the dog
let out that ear-piercing barking. Some people's farkin' kids, I
swear.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:16:25 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Jon Danniken wrote:

On 05/15/2014 06:12 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

It looked to be pudgy, which would suggest to me that it was often bored
and overfed, and most likely not socialized. My guess is that it got
out, "new" to the world, and not knowing any better, attacked the
wriggling thing on the machine.

Quite possibly. I see a great many dog owners who seem to have no reason
to have a dog at all, they just keep it in the back yard and throw food
at it occasionally and otherwise have no interaction with it. They also
of course do nothing to control it's constant barking disturbing the
entire neighborhood either.

Yeah, about 95% of all dog owners are that way. When I'm king, there
will be no pet "ownership", puppy/kitty factories, or strays.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.
--Thomas Sowell
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 10:14:37 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

wrote:

Watch the video on this article:

http://lenta.ru/news/2014/05/15/cat/

cat saves boy from dog

Thanks! I never watch the news so hadnt heard about it.

Looked like a Ridgeback dog. Wonder what his problem was. They
usually arent that sort of agressive. Great save by the cat!!

The cat had ALL of its fur up..looked like a highspeed 4 legged pipe
cleaner.

Gunner

It's on national TV this morning CBS . Dog is/was a lab/chow mix . Dog
has been turned over to animal control to be euthanized .

Can we do the same to it's irresponsible owners?

AMEN! At least 3-strikes jail time for barker owners, eh?
3 barks and you're out?

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.
--Thomas Sowell

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 05/15/2014 08:41 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

A yuppie couple came into the Home Depot where I was getting paint
this morning...with their dog on a leash. It howled, whimpered, and
then started barking louder than I could stand. It was a mutt with
some Australian sheepherding dog in it. I'm certain that if a kid
wandered up to that "nice doggy" to pet it, it would have taken the
kid's hand off. Why in the hell do people think they need to take
their dogs shopping in HD and Wally World, anyway? Crom, that's
irritating. If I hadn't had my work shirt on, I would have given them
a piece of my mind, maybe screaming "OUTSIDE!" at the guy when the dog
let out that ear-piercing barking. Some people's farkin' kids, I
swear.

The local HD here allows leashed dogs on the premises, which I enjoy
taking advantage of when I need a small part or two, as it is a useful
training environment.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ive got a couple dogs here that came from owners who wanted a dog..but
didnt have a clue what to do with one. They let the dog run their
lives for them. And then at a certain point..they decided it was too
much bother and asked me to find them new homes.

Yankee and Bubba are sleeping under my desk as I type this, side by
side. 2 yrs ago..they would have been making so much noise being
around another dog that it would have been painful.
Yankees owners were young bartenders who never had a dog before and
were seldom home, Bubba came from a house that was an emotional wreck
(divorce..bad one..real bad one)

Took some training..and some discipline..but inside of a week or
two..they learned what was acceptable and what wasnt.

Dogs are pack animals..and not every dog wants to be the Alpha but
when they are forced into it by owners who dont have a clue...they
dont take well to it. They become spoiled children and are pains in
the ass. So the new owners have to be the Alpha males/females and
control their pack...even if its a single dog. The family is the
pack..and the dog has to learn its place in it..and its not at the top
of the food chain.

Both Yankee (neutered female Aussie..age 3ish) and Bubba,( unneutered
male Aussie, age 5ish) are part of the pack now days and while they
often get what they ask for..a pet, a snack, the
blankets...chuckle...they know that I'M the Alpha, followed by my
wife, and the other humans here.

They are both very happy and quiet dogs now days.

Gunner, with 13 dogs on the property at the moment.

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 15 May 2014 21:35:44 -0700, Jon Danniken
wrote:

[...]

Sandy used to go into HD with me, on a leash and carrying it between
her teeth. Woody and Cuddles do the same, but without carrying it
between their teeth. There are two HDs down in So Cal that I go into
so often, they hug whatever dog(s) Ive got with me and dont bother
asking about a leash..so I seldom ever put one on them anymore.
Sometimes Ill clip two dogs on either end of a leash. "They ARE on a
leash, cant you see that?" No..nothing in the rules say I have to be
holding it is there? Nope? Didnt think so. Are you claiming they are
not under control (as both plunk down beside me and watch the store
person trying to figure out what to say next)

--

"
I was once told by a “gun safety” advocate back in the Nineties
that he favored total civilian firearms confiscation.
Only the military and police should have weapons he averred and what did I think about that?

I began to give him a reasoned answer and he
cut me off with an abrupt, “Give me the short answer.”

I thought for a moment and said, “If you try to take our firearms we will kill you.”"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Only an idiot buys paint at Home Depot. Larry Jackass is an idiot.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 16 May 2014 03:35:53 -0700

The local HD here allows leashed dogs on the premises, which I enjoy
taking advantage of when I need a small part or two, as it is a useful
training environment.

Jon

Sandy used to go into HD with me, on a leash and carrying it between
her teeth. Woody and Cuddles do the same, but without carrying it
between their teeth. There are two HDs down in So Cal that I go into
so often, they hug whatever dog(s) Ive got with me and dont bother
asking about a leash..so I seldom ever put one on them anymore.
Sometimes Ill clip two dogs on either end of a leash. "They ARE on a
leash, cant you see that?" No..nothing in the rules say I have to be
holding it is there? Nope? Didnt think so. Are you claiming they are
not under control (as both plunk down beside me and watch the store
person trying to figure out what to say next)

I find that image funny.

Friend of mine, long time ago, raised and trained hound dogs. Back
when parts of Portland were of a more 'rural' character than they are
today. So she has two of them tracking something, and the get off the
track and kill a cat. "Bad dogs!" and starts wailing away on them
with the cat. And of course, hound dogs being hound dogs, they start
to cry "We're sorry, we're sorry!" Well, she is on the upswing about
to come down - and the spot light lights up the night "What are you
doing lady?"
At which point the dogs stop crying and start in with the "We was
bad officer, and she was beating us, like we deserved." "Yup, yup,
what he said." As she said, hound dogs got two brain cells, and
they're both wired to the nose.

--
pyotr filipivich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 16 May 2014 03:28:34 -0700

Took some training..and some discipline..but inside of a week or
two..they learned what was acceptable and what wasnt.

Dogs are pack animals..and not every dog wants to be the Alpha but
when they are forced into it by owners who dont have a clue...they
dont take well to it. They become spoiled children and are pains in
the ass. So the new owners have to be the Alpha males/females and
control their pack...even if its a single dog. The family is the
pack..and the dog has to learn its place in it..and its not at the top
of the food chain.

Friend of mine had similar stories. Seems she gave off "alpha"
waves or some such. Her friends dog ran their lives, but when she
came over, he was all "I've been keeping them in line for you - o wise
pack leader. Yes, yes, I am a good dog!"
Dogs are like kids, both just want to know that everything is as
it should be.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 16 May 2014 09:52:45 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

[...]

A friend, who bred and trained "rabbit dogs" used to say "Yup, raising
kids is about like training hunting dogs. Except, I believe, the dogs
learn a little faster"
--
Cheers,

John B.
(invalid to gmail)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

John B. on Sat, 17 May 2014 07:46:51 +0700
wrote:

[...]

Ayup. But then we don't expect as much from the dogs as from the
kids.
--
pyotr filipivich