Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default AR-15 Test Fire

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

SHUT THE **** UP!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/16/2013 6:45 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:12:08 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 4/15/2013 3:07 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 10:48:09 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 4/13/2013 12:32 PM, RogerN wrote:
I test fired the AR-15 today, 29 rounds with no problems (except for
dropping 1 round, metal detector to come out later, have to locate some
brass too!). I shot up a can from fairly close range, need to set up
target
at a distance and get the iron sights set. Nineteen shots were factory
ammo
and 10 were reloads.

RogerN

Now build an AR-30!

Is that the .308 version? I've seen Armalite, IIRC, has an "AR-10" that
shoots .308, 7.62 NATO.

I've been looking at the .300 AAC Blackout, it seems to be a 30 caliber
round in a 223 case with similar ballistics to the 7.62 X 39. The advantage
is supposed to be that all you need to change is the barrel, the magazines
for the 5.56 / 223 fit the 300 blackout. They're supposed to be for ~100 -
200 grain bullets. Still hard to find many items in stock, I'd like to find
other reasonable priced 80% lowers.

I saw some 50 BMG uppers that fit on AR-15 lowers, bolt action though.

RogerN

Yep, now you're hooked. Time to join weaponsguild.com

I think the building is WAY more enjoyable than shooting!

My son gives me a hard time, most of my builds get fired 20 times and
then stored in the safe.

Still, I spent nearly 40 years just working, even the machine work was
to support the farm, Now most of my time is on fun, shootin' and
fishin'.

Karl

My HERO!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/15/2013 1:18 AM, pyotr filipivich wrote:

Pavlov's dogs look at liberals and say "Have you no
self-control?"
--
pyotr filipivich

Oh, I will use THAT!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

SHUT THE **** UP!

Do you need clean 'Depends'? It was just a heads up, after all! ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 19:58:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

Hereafter Disease. Walk into a room, look around, and then ask
yourself "Hmm, what am I here after?"

WALK? You can still walk? I fell last week, bounced off a wall and
stepped on a sharp piece of plastic. Then the VA finally gave me my new
cane, yesterday. The swelling is mostly gone, but I sure can't walk
very well.

My buddy Roger here says that the VA in Cleveland is WONDERFUL! He gets
appointments sometimes the same day and the staff is very good. Come on
up! (hope you heal-up soon)

I have the only 'Next Generation' VA clinic 10 miles from here. It
is the Prototype, and no other units have been announced as being open
yet. They have an entire Urgent Care walk-in department, but they
wanted to make sure the new cane was adjusted properly. They quit
issuing the one I had, a while back and the adjustments are different.
The new version also has a different handle.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:12:20 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

J.B.Slocomb on Mon, 15 Apr 2013 18:34:29
+0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:38:34 -0500, "RogerN"
wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

But, what will liberals think? Do you live near a school?

Me, being conservative. What's the advantage of a rifle that small?
Typical
FMJ of 55 grains.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org

No nearby schools. Then only reason I'd have to want a gun around a school
is if someone was there hurting the kids, another Adama Lanza a--hole type.
But that's the kind of people this liberal, anti-morality society produces.
It would be terrible if Adam Lanza would have read in school that "Thou
shall not kill" and might have obeyed it!

They often shoot 70-80 grain bullets at 500-600 yards from what I've read.
The advantage of the small cartridge is that you can get 30 of them in a
pretty small magazine. In the same size brass, using the same bolt,
magazines,.. just change the barrel and you can use 30 caliber bullets in
the 100-200 grain range.

Now, if you're a Christian they label you as a terrorist, the leftist put
Christians on their list of terrorists before Islamic extremists. Never
mind the fact that almost all acts of terrorism come from the Muslims, they
ignore that, it's the people that believe in Jesus that they claim are
terrorists. The people that flew planes loaded with civilians into
buildings full of civilians, they aren't terrorists according to the left,
the people that celebrate Christmas & Easter are the terrorists per them.
Their kind hated Jesus without reason and today they hate those who believe
in Jesus, just like the Bible said they would.

RogerN

Actually, if you read a little history you'll find that the Christians
have likely killed more people than probably anyone else.

Really?

My reading of history leads me to the conclusion that those who
spout such nonsense don't know history, and are just pouting the party
line. The Third Reich alone killed more people per day over the
curse of twelve years than the Inquisition did over three hundred
years.

Ah the inquisition... You seem to be disregarding the English burning
heretics which apparently could be either persuasion depending on who
was King/Queen at the time. Witch killing estimated to be between 40 -
50,000, the Crusades and all the other "religious wars" fought by the
so called Christians.

The Mongol
Hordes used to massacre entire cities but they were only around for a
few years. the Christians have been at it for nearly 2,000 years.

Nice non-sequitur. The Mongols wiped out Persia, the Kievian
Empire. Flattened, dead, destroyed. "Bombed back into the stone
age".

A citation showing that the Mongols killed the entire Persian nation
would be in order here.

Now show me where the "Christians" left wastelands behind.

Well, you might have a look at the Siege of Jerusalem where the
Christians massacred everyone in the city whether Jews, Moslems or
Christian. Or go back to the early days when Charlemagne massacre of
the Saxons who declined to convert to Christianity. The Spanish
killing the Indians of South America, and on and on.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

it takes me two days to do what i used to do in one.

The days are shorter. Thats the only answer.

And why is everybody using smaller print?

My problem, they keep making the eyes in the fishooks smaller.

You noticed that too. Have you also discovered that the eye tends to
move around a lot now? Seems like the hooks are made from weak wire ...
or something....

You been out much? I went out for NY opening day of trout/salmon. Got
skunked but with 3 inches of snow and COLD water I figured the fish were
still sleepin'

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Tom Gardner wrote:
On 4/16/2013 6:40 PM, Karl Townsend wrote:
I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

it takes me two days to do what i used to do in one.

The days are shorter. Thats the only answer.

And why is everybody using smaller print?

My problem, they keep making the eyes in the fishooks smaller.

There are eyes in 'em? I just tie around the shank. Today was the
worst! A control box with 8 relays on a machine I didn't wire...it
looks like spaghetti----very small spaghetti, all the same color, BLUE!
I HATE blue! AND, the lighting is terrible there, I had to wear a
headlamp while leaning over at a bad angle to troubleshoot. Now my back
hurts and I'm half blind and still can't find the problem.

I've got some eyeless 28s on the bench.... Guy wants some micro flies. I
told him it was easier to net your bait instead of fly fish for it...

You know it's going to be fun when you need a compound lens to see the
shank!!!

On the wiring. Sounds like some of the fire equipment we have. Worst
part is that you end up chasing every wire because they run it through
body channels where you cannot access it....

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:12:20 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Mon, 15 Apr 2013
06:08:11 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 22:18:01 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"RogerN" on Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:38:34 -0500 typed
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

But, what will liberals think?

The liberals will "think" nothing. They are as free of the
ravages of intelligent "thought" as it is possible and still simulate
sentience.

+1

OTOH, the Liberals will emote like teenage girls at a Justine Beiber

Freudian slip over the very feminine lad, Pete?

Considering all I know of it is what I read in the papers - who
cares.

Um, you missed it. What I commented on was your spelling of Justin's
name, with the "e" on the end, making it feminine. Nevermind...

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

Hereafter Disease. Walk into a room, look around, and then ask
yourself "Hmm, what am I here after?"

WALK? You can still walk? I fell last week, bounced off a wall and
stepped on a sharp piece of plastic. Then the VA finally gave me my new
cane, yesterday. The swelling is mostly gone, but I sure can't walk
very well.

Hell's Bells, son. You should be eating more rubbery fats. They'll
help you rebound back to your feet when you fall.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

Hereafter Disease. Walk into a room, look around, and then ask
yourself "Hmm, what am I here after?"

WALK? You can still walk? I fell last week, bounced off a wall and
stepped on a sharp piece of plastic. Then the VA finally gave me my new
cane, yesterday. The swelling is mostly gone, but I sure can't walk
very well.

Hell's Bells, son. You should be eating more rubbery fats. They'll
help you rebound back to your feet when you fall.

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Tom Gardner wrote:

I know it's not the case for you but, I've noticed I just don't get as
much done in a day as I used to.....what's up with that???

Old age?

Hereafter Disease. Walk into a room, look around, and then ask
yourself "Hmm, what am I here after?"

WALK? You can still walk? I fell last week, bounced off a wall and
stepped on a sharp piece of plastic. Then the VA finally gave me my new
cane, yesterday. The swelling is mostly gone, but I sure can't walk
very well.

Hell's Bells, son. You should be eating more rubbery fats. They'll
help you rebound back to your feet when you fall.

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.

I'll hazard a guess that would not be a good thing.

--
A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description
of a happy state in this world.
-- John Locke
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.

I'll hazard a guess that would not be a good thing.

I fell down those same steps about five years ago. I ripped a door
off its hinges to try to stop my fall. I landed with the door in one
hand, and hit my chest on the back of a chair. It hurt like hell, and I
had trouble breathing for a while.

Oh man, don't ya hate when that happens...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Richard wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.

I'll hazard a guess that would not be a good thing.

I fell down those same steps about five years ago. I ripped a door
off its hinges to try to stop my fall. I landed with the door in one
hand, and hit my chest on the back of a chair. It hurt like hell, and I
had trouble breathing for a while.

Oh man, don't ya hate when that happens...

It hurt to breath, for over a week.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 00:41:17 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.

I'll hazard a guess that would not be a good thing.

I fell down those same steps about five years ago. I ripped a door
off its hinges to try to stop my fall. I landed with the door in one
hand, and hit my chest on the back of a chair.

It hurt like hell, and I had trouble breathing for a while.

I don't doubt you. But why would you try door surfing in _your_
condition, sweetie?

Regarding the other thread, check this out:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/ADA.html
'Murricans are sure fond of their acronyms, aren't they?

--
Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplacable spark.

In the hopeless swamps of the not quite, the not yet, and
the not at all, do not let the hero in your soul perish
and leave only frustration for the life you deserved, but
never have been able to reach.

The world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real,
it is possible, it is yours.
-- Ayn Rand
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 4/19/2013 11:05 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

I used to sit in front of the computer in shorts or my skivies or
less. That lasted about a month..then the cats found it a warm comfy
place where they could flex their claws while sleeping.
Now I sit down and put a towel in my lap automatically.

W A Y too much information there!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

It's a good thing I had a row of cardboard boxes along that wall, or
I would have fallen down the stairs.

I'll hazard a guess that would not be a good thing.

I fell down those same steps about five years ago. I ripped a door
off its hinges to try to stop my fall. I landed with the door in one
hand, and hit my chest on the back of a chair.

It hurt like hell, and I had trouble breathing for a while.

I don't doubt you. But why would you try door surfing in _your_
condition, sweetie?

I fell, and hit the door. I grabbed it to try to stop my fall, and
ripped it out of the flimsy hinges. I missed out on a deal for a new
double swung type patio door to replace them with something better.

Regarding the other thread, check this out:
http://www.acronymfinder.com/ADA.html
'Murricans are sure fond of their acronyms, aren't they?

One those who don't ever think, aren't.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques on Tue, 16 Apr 2013
22:10:17 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

wrote:

"RogerN" on Sun, 14 Apr 2013 21:38:34 -0500 typed
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message ...

But, what will liberals think?

The liberals will "think" nothing. They are as free of the
ravages of intelligent "thought" as it is possible and still simulate
sentience.

+1

OTOH, the Liberals will emote like teenage girls at a Justine Beiber

Freudian slip over the very feminine lad, Pete?

Considering all I know of it is what I read in the papers - who
cares.

Um, you missed it. What I commented on was your spelling of Justin's
name, with the "e" on the end, making it feminine. Nevermind...

I'll blame the spell chequer.

And the fever. And the undiagnosed Hepatitis resulting from the
"side effect" of the meds I was taking. And the cat sitting on me.
--
pyotr filipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

That damned Cat!!!!

Gunner, with a wee tiny kitten batting at his fingers as he types.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch on Fri, 19 Apr 2013 15:23:04 -0700

wrote:

[...]

I'm not saying that he's responsible, just that I am blaming him.
He doesn't care what I think anyway.

Gunner, with a wee tiny kitten batting at his fingers as he types.

Weird cat - if I put a towel on my lap, he makes himself at home.
I think he used to have a cat lady to form laps form him.
--
pyotr filipivich