Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?

I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008..._email_1p_0_ti offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 4, 5:42*am, wrote:
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipolhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008OTOMX0/ref=pe_129741_35417921_ema...offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

No experience with Unipol. But the red rouge you have been using is
iron oxide and some sort of binder. The color is intrinsic to rouge.
So you ought to be able to tell by the color. In the states , you
could ask for the MSDS
( material safety data sheet. ) and it would say what the ingredients
are. Maybe there is something similar there.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

On Apr 4, 5:42*am, wrote:
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipolhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008OTOMX0/ref=pe_129741_35417921_ema...offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

Hi,

BTDT.

First: Save yourself from all that nasty hand buffing time and get a
Vibratory Tumbler. Or two!

Second: "Red" rouge is called "Jewelers" rouge here. No cutting
action at all. I have in the past, but would not again today, use it
as you do for brass final coloring work.

Today I prefer the white compound bars on flannel buff to finish off
my brass polishing. Perhaps a blue bar after that, but only for the
finest finish work.

They have all types of polishing compound & buffs he

http://www.caswellplating.com

Good luck.

--

PaulS
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 04/04/13 10:42, wrote:
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008..._email_1p_0_ti offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?
Why not just ask Unipol what they recommend, maybe these guys in Germany
http://lippert-unipol.com/

Tin bars for sale Tom Gardner[_6_] Metalworking 5 January 27th 12 09:11 AM
Anyway to keep those wax bars from drying out? Jim Hall[_4_] Woodturning 8 January 8th 10 10:57 PM
Tie bars, brickwork eastender UK diy 4 March 21st 07 06:13 PM
Panic bars Charles Bishop Home Repair 0 August 12th 05 01:35 AM
Sony strange vertical bars (not the dreaded scrolling bars!)? Jon Paterson Electronics Repair 2 July 17th 03 11:14 PM