Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?

On Apr 4, 5:42*am, wrote:
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipolhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008OTOMX0/ref=pe_129741_35417921_ema...offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

No experience with Unipol. But the red rouge you have been using is
iron oxide and some sort of binder. The color is intrinsic to rouge.
So you ought to be able to tell by the color. In the states , you
could ask for the MSDS
( material safety data sheet. ) and it would say what the ingredients
are. Maybe there is something similar there.

Dan