Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

Default Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?

On Apr 4, 5:42*am, wrote:
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to traditional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can't get what I know in my adopted country. Unipolhttp://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B008OTOMX0/ref=pe_129741_35417921_ema...offers a huge selection, but despite wading through mountains of text, I can't figure out which is closest to the red rouge I'm used to. Anyone use Unipol?

Hi,

BTDT.

First: Save yourself from all that nasty hand buffing time and get a
Vibratory Tumbler. Or two!

Second: "Red" rouge is called "Jewelers" rouge here. No cutting
action at all. I have in the past, but would not again today, use it
as you do for brass final coloring work.

Today I prefer the white compound bars on flannel buff to finish off
my brass polishing. Perhaps a blue bar after that, but only for the
finest finish work.

They have all types of polishing compound & buffs he

http://www.caswellplating.com

Good luck.

--

PaulS