Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default LEGO Milling Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 3/31/2013 9:03 AM, Ignoramus22359 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y

Cool (!) machine, but "LEGO"? When I see "LEGO", I think of something
made from those little plastic blocks. Now, I guess, "LEGO" means "made
by the LEGO company". Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Bob Engelhardt , passerby wrote:
bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made
by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ne-572065-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About
page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that
the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO
engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_
parts, I am impressed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About
page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and
considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that
the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO
engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_
parts, I am impressed.

It is built with standard of-the-shelf parts from Lego Technic.
There is a lot of sensors and motors and positioning devices available
from Lego.

--
Uffe

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In the true CNCZONE attitude... I can mill "steel" with that right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y

Want milling machine Ed Huesers Metalworking 7 January 4th 13 02:31 AM
Milling machine Surelia Industries Home Repair 2 March 5th 12 01:53 PM
milling machine gilles Woodworking 6 February 17th 07 07:16 PM
cnc milling machine gilles Woodworking 8 December 20th 06 04:36 AM
F.S. Milling machine Dan Buckman Metalworking 1 March 10th 04 10:27 PM