Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] is offline

Default LEGO Milling Machine

Den 31-03-2013 20:44, Bob Engelhardt skrev:
On 3/31/2013 1:19 PM, passerby wrote:
replying to Bob Engelhardt , passerby wrote:
bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About
page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and
considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that
the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO
engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_
parts, I am impressed.

It is built with standard of-the-shelf parts from Lego Technic.
There is a lot of sensors and motors and positioning devices available
from Lego.

--
Uffe