DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   LEGO Milling Machine (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/354675-lego-milling-machine.html)

Ignoramus22359 March 31st 13 02:03 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y

Bob Engelhardt March 31st 13 03:45 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

On 3/31/2013 9:03 AM, Ignoramus22359 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y

Cool (!) machine, but "LEGO"? When I see "LEGO", I think of something
made from those little plastic blocks. Now, I guess, "LEGO" means "made
by the LEGO company". Bob

passerby March 31st 13 06:19 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

replying to Bob Engelhardt , passerby wrote:
bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made
by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...ne-572065-.htm
using PolytechForum's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to
rec.crafts.metalworking and other engineering groups

Bob Engelhardt March 31st 13 07:44 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About
page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that
the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO
engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_
parts, I am impressed.

Thanks for the clarification.

Bob

Uffe Bærentsen[_2_] March 31st 13 09:21 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

bobengelhardt wrote:

Now, I guess, "LEGO"
means "made by the LEGO company".

Not so much by LEGO the company as by a hardcore LEGO enthusiast:

http://arthursacek.com/

Well, a hardcore LEGO enthusiast with some professional interest as a
(former?) LEGO reseller in Brazil as far as I can tell from the About
page. In
other words, an enthusiast with no shortage of LEGO parts and
considerable
skill who did an amazing job!

Well, in that case, my opinion is totally changed. I had assumed that
the milling machine was made from dedicated parts, as designed by LEGO
engineers. Cool, but not "Wow".

However, given that is was built by an individual with _off the shelf_
parts, I am impressed.

It is built with standard of-the-shelf parts from Lego Technic.
There is a lot of sensors and motors and positioning devices available
from Lego.

--
Uffe

Bob La Londe[_7_] April 1st 13 07:10 PM

LEGO Milling Machine

In the true CNCZONE attitude... I can mill "steel" with that right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF0pMILT7_Y