Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Basic photo question

Let's say that I change my setting for either aperture, speed, or manual
priority.

I set the aperture for depth of focus, and the camera selects the speed.
I set the speed to freeze motion, and the camera selects the aperture.
I put it on manual, and can set both, even intentionally off if I want to.

Now, the question. I turn on the flash.

Does the camera use the settings I put in, or does it go into control of the
camera, and change any of the settings? I have taken many photos of the
same thing at many various settings, and I do know the photos come out
differently. I was just wondering about this part of the camera's actual
functioning.

I apologize for the basic question, but I want to learn this from the ABC's
up, and I have a few missing letters.

Steve