Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Basic photo question

On Jan 2, 9:40*am, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

"DoN. Nichols" wrote

very good explanation snipped

I knew it would be different for different cameras. *My question
was, "Does the camera become a slave once you put it on flash mode,
and the settings you put in get overridden by the camera?"

And I guess the answer is Yes, No, Definitely, Maybe, and I don't
know.

For the record, it is a Nikon 7000.

Steve

You could set it wide open and slow for a low-light shot, then repeat
with the flash and see if the exposure is washed out or correct.
Test shots are cheap and easy with a digital camera.
jsw

"Test shots are cheap and easy with a digital camera."

I don't think he has the camera yet and he's trying to learn it with,
I guess, a downloaded PDF of the manual for it.