Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fastener Control

I have about four 5 gallon buckets of fasteners. Plus half empty boxes.
Plus coffee cans. Plus, plus, plus. I got fasteners coming out of the
woodwork like cockroaches.

I bought six very nice sized plastic drawer organizers at a yard sale over
the weekend for $50. I have seen them for about $30 per. Problem is, they
were FULL of fasteners. Every stinking drawer.

Thought I'd get ahead of the game, but stayed the same.

What do you use for fasteners storage?

I was thinking of making bins out of wood, and all sorts of things. Then, I
thought of various sized mason jars, with the lids screwed to the underside
of a shelf. Easy visibility. Graduated sized jars for small - medium -
large fasteners. Stick on labels.

Any other ideas for how to organize about two million fasteners?

Steve

Name for fastener Jethro[_5_] UK diy 7 August 10th 11 11:45 AM
Underlayment fastener Gordon Shumway Home Repair 10 July 14th 09 08:55 PM
Fastener FAQ? MiamiCuse Home Repair 11 December 30th 08 03:01 PM
fastener depth Eigenvector Woodworking 12 July 20th 08 01:36 PM
Have you seen this fastener? [email protected][_2_] Woodworking 2 October 9th 07 09:15 PM