Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Fastener Control

On 18 Dec 2012 02:55:23 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2012-12-17, Gunner wrote:
On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:14:37 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

I have about four 5 gallon buckets of fasteners. Plus half empty boxes.
Plus coffee cans. Plus, plus, plus. I got fasteners coming out of the
woodwork like cockroaches.

[ ... ]

What do you use for fasteners storage?

[ ... ]

Any other ideas for how to organize about two million fasteners?

Steve

[ ... ]

I also have some 15 or so IBM punch card cabinets...which are a
fileing cabinet type thingy, usually a double drawer stacked 12- 16
draws high and 2 wide

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-c...rd_cabinet.jpg

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/ib...g__591x470.jpg

Note that *some* of them have about a 1" wide slot down the
center of the bottom -- to guide a follower plate for less than a full
drawer of cards. You will need to pull the follower out and cut a sheet
of metal to fit the bottom of these, or the hardware will fall down into
the next layer and so on. Or at least jam against the frame of the
cabinet into which the drawers slide.

So -- look into the drawers before you commit to them -- unless
you want to be cutting a lot of sheet metal to fit.

Enjoy,
DoN.

Masonite works nicely as well

Gunner