Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Fastener Control

I have about four 5 gallon buckets of fasteners. Plus half empty boxes.
Plus coffee cans. Plus, plus, plus. I got fasteners coming out of the
woodwork like cockroaches.

I bought six very nice sized plastic drawer organizers at a yard sale over
the weekend for $50. I have seen them for about $30 per. Problem is, they
were FULL of fasteners. Every stinking drawer.

Thought I'd get ahead of the game, but stayed the same.

What do you use for fasteners storage?

I was thinking of making bins out of wood, and all sorts of things. Then, I
thought of various sized mason jars, with the lids screwed to the underside
of a shelf. Easy visibility. Graduated sized jars for small - medium -
large fasteners. Stick on labels.

Any other ideas for how to organize about two million fasteners?

Steve