Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 12 v. power source

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:20:09 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

I have a 30 amp-hr or so agm battery in a small Pelican Storm case
with a cigarette lighter receptacle mounted in the side of the case.
Stiff foam is jammed around the battery. It makes a compact and
portable (if heavy) power source for the goto telescope, for fishing
lights, and for the gps-sonar on the little jon boat. I charge it
with a little Deltran 800 mA waterproof battery tender.

You could go with a 7 amp-hr or so for a lighter weight setup.

Pete Keillor
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

Why not use an old computer power supply? They have decent clean
power and are a couple bucks at the swap meet if you dont have old
computers around.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/psucon...onnectors.html

Lots of old AT style power spplies kicking around.

Remember..its Yellow (+`12) and any black

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not
agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my
earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure
- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his
fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Run a Google search on '12V Power supply' (sans quotes), you'll get a
ton of hits.

Even Radio Shack used to carry them, and might still for all I know.

Erik
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose?
Maybe one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda
spendy, but sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last?
Very rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Battery chargers are usually charging at about 14 V, iirc. And proly have
considerable ripple.
How bout an ole car/motorcycle battery, kept on a trickle charger when not
using it as a power supply?
--
EA

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Erik" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

Could also use a variac+ fw rectifer+caps -- 0-120V dc.
--
EA

Erik

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-08-15, Steve B wrote:
Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Hmm ... most battery chargers don't have any filtering -- they
just feed rectified AC to the battery to charge it. Fine, for a
battery. Terrible to power electronics circuits -- unless you add some
serious capacitors across the 12V out of the charger.

How much capacitance you need is a function of what kind of
current load you have. I would pick say 10,000 uF for a typical load on
a battery charger -- and perhaps up to say 80,000 uF for higher loads.

Of course -- if you have a *good* battery connected across the
charger, that will do just as well as a capacitor -- and actually be
closer to what automotive electronics are expecting anyway.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses?

For a short time only with the likely load from the brakes.
While they are heavy, they are a tiny subset of what the car's battery
normally provides. Mine suggests that you wait six minutes after a
failed start attempt -- to keep the battery from overheating -- before
the next try.

Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Depends on the quality of the things. The one I have has a
regulated trickler charger built in -- running from a wall wart -- and
it is designed to be connected full time so the battery is at optimum
charge when you need it. (Mine even has a cigarette lighter socket in
it, which I expect to use to recharge my cell phone and my Nook e-reader
until power comes back. It was gone four days (minus a few hours)
earlier this year -- the longest which we have had, though other areas
have had longer outages. (And this is in various areas outside the
Beltway -- you would expect them to have better power around the center
of the government. :-)

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Well ... as I said, my jump start box has both the battery
cables and the cigarette lighter socket. Anything else and you need to
make your own adaptors. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Gunner Asch writes:

Lots of old AT style power spplies kicking around.

Remember..its Yellow (+`12) and any black

I can't recommend that. PC supplies are highly optimized
for one task - being as cheap as possible.

Most of them will not function without minimum loads on one
or more of their outputs. (They regulate all the outputs
based on one output voltage.)

That said, it won't cost you much to try one.

--
A host is a host from coast to
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Erik" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

He is too lazy and stupid to use Google and so he just comes here instead...

I'm surprised he can even take a **** without consulting the group...then
again , he's so full of it I coulda missed...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Existential Angst" fired this volley in
:

Battery chargers are usually charging at about 14 V, iirc. And proly
have considerable ripple.

No! Really?

Do you mean by that that they have NO filtering, and only supply un-
regulated full-wave rectified power?

Do you mean by that that they might regulate so poorly as to put out 18-
20 V to a small load? Do you mean that the "ripple" might be "all there
is", and there is no continuous DC being supplied?

Do you mean that typical lead-acid battery chargers are completely
unsuitable as power supplies for electronics?

If that's what you meant... you're right!

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble
shoot something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around
6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose?
Maybe one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses?
Kinda spendy, but sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do
they last? Very rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a
clamp, or just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

I use these lab supplies:
http://www.caswellplating.com/electr...rectifier.html
http://www.microdaq.com/lascar/psu130.php
and an old Schauer battery charger to which I added a 3A Variac to set
the voltage and a 24,000uF filter cap. The original 6V/12V switch puts
the cap in the circuit when I need 12VDC and removes it for battery
charging, to avoid a spark and maybe blown fuse when I connect.

You could make an equivalent to the Lascar from an LM317 adjustable
regulator, but might not save much if you buy the meters etc new.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

As others have said, it's only marginally more suitable than cutting
off a power cord and plugging it directly into the wall.

Don't you have a left-over 12VDC regulated wall-wart or brick you
could use? Wall wart up to 2 or 3A and 6A should be available easily
in a brick. Chinois ones are quite available, but of dubious pedigree
and safety-agency-approval status.

Just don't use the ones that say "electronic transformer" or are
advertised for LED power supplies.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

My local thrift store has a shoe box filled with miscellaneous
wallwart power supply's. Big uns, little uns, your choice, $ !.00
each.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I must have a milkcrate full.... it's like an addiction.
Some of the older ones are pretty hefty, as well. You'd have to TAPE them
to a wall outlet... LOL
--
EA

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

How many amps would you like?

I have units from small 1 amp up to the 50 amp on the bench. Both
adjustable and fixed output.

You can buy them online easily.
B&K, Astron, Pyramid, Tripp Lite,

http://www.astroncorp.com/
http://www.pyramidcaraudio.com/products/Power-Supplies
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products...xtSeriesID=841

--
Steve W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

Is that okay, or is there a dedicated power source for this purpose? Maybe
one of those power rescue jumper battery pack thinguses? Kinda spendy, but
sure I could score one at a yard sale. How do they last? Very
rechargeable?

Something with variable connectors for the times when you need a clamp, or
just a probe to put the juice at the right place.

Steve

MOST battery chargers (good ones, anyway) will not put out power into
a "dead" circuit. How much power do you want??? I've used PC power
supplies for years. I also usually have several AGM batteries around
in various states of charge.

The chargers also have very poor regulation if voltage control is an
issue.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 07:00:54 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

Gunner Gunner Asch writes:

Lots of old AT style power spplies kicking around.

Remember..its Yellow (+`12) and any black

I can't recommend that. PC supplies are highly optimized
for one task - being as cheap as possible.

Most of them will not function without minimum loads on one
or more of their outputs. (They regulate all the outputs
based on one output voltage.)

That said, it won't cost you much to try one.

Only the +12 needs a load - and that's the one he'll be loading.
I've used them for years.Clean, accurately regulated power - and I'm
always scrapping computers, so there are always several around. I used
to just plug an old hard drive on one Molex plug if I wanted to use
the 5 volt output, or needed 12 volts for a low current application.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 12:05:26 -0400, "Existential Angst"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[ ... ]

wrote:

Every once in a while, I need a 12 v. DC power source to trouble shoot
something. I have been using a battery charger, 12 v. around 6 amp.

[ ... ]

Could also use a variac+ fw rectifer+caps -- 0-120V dc.

Beware of this -- it does not float free of ground, and
depending on the wiring of the power cord, might have the whole circuit
running about 120 VAC above ground. Having a transformer in there to
isolate things is beneficial. (Granted, you might not recognize a high
frequency transformer in a switching power supply -- they look kind of
strange compared to the 60 Hz power transformers.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

1. Lie
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" fired this volley in
m:

That has nothing to do with regulation.

And if it's being "run through a bridge", it doesn't have much to do with
"half-wave", either.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:47:18 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.

blink blink....ROFLMAO! You are most absolutely correct.

That one caught me flat footed indeed.

"half wave rectified"

Very nice catch!!

Gunner

--
Adde cruorem stultitiae, atque ignem gladio scruta
To your folly add bloodshed, and stir the fire with the sword (Horace)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

With a diode. Googlit.

--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.

blink blink....ROFLMAO! You are most absolutely correct.

That one caught me flat footed indeed.

Oops, me, too.

"half wave rectified"

Very nice catch!!

Bbbut, it started with an R...

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Only regulate the negative side, maybe?
(ha, ha!)

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I've got strains of "bridge over troubled watters"
floating through my unregulated head.

Good thing I'm ohm, now.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

. 3.70...

And if it's being "run through a bridge", it doesn't have much to do with
"half-wave", either.

Lloyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.

blink blink....ROFLMAO! You are most absolutely correct.

That one caught me flat footed indeed.

Oops, me, too.

"half wave rectified"

Very nice catch!!

Bbbut, it started with an R...

Indeed it did!

Ever see one of those thingies where they ask if you can read this and
half the letters are missing and some are turned around backwards?

Takes my brain a second or two to shift gears and then I read right
through it

http://danalookadoo.com/psychology/jumbled-text/ as an example.

Funny how the mind corrects flaws in words or the wrong words
sometimes. As I get older..its easier...but sometimes it certainly
bites me in the ass..as the regulator thingy did. Saw half wave and
the following Re....and the brain changed it to rectifier
subconciously

My room mate just looked at the above link...and is still sitting
there trying to figure out what it says, even after I just read it out
loud to her.

Gunner

--
Adde cruorem stultitiae, atque ignem gladio scruta
To your folly add bloodshed, and stir the fire with the sword (Horace)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner" wrote in message
Ever see one of those thingies where they ask if you can read this
and
half the letters are missing and some are turned around backwards?

Takes my brain a second or two to shift gears and then I read right
through it

http://danalookadoo.com/psychology/jumbled-text/ as an example.

Funny how the mind corrects flaws in words or the wrong words
sometimes. As I get older..its easier...but sometimes it certainly
bites me in the ass..as the regulator thingy did. Saw half wave and
the following Re....and the brain changed it to rectifier
subconciously

My room mate just looked at the above link...and is still sitting
there trying to figure out what it says, even after I just read it
out
loud to her.

Gunner

If you speak French here's another.
http://www.amazon.com/Mots-dHeures-L.../dp/0140057307
The title is "Mother Goose Rhymes" pronounced in a thick French
accent.

When you study languages you realize when groups of letters finally
become words. I'm part way there with Russian; some words pop out but
I have to read most letter by letter.

The communications theory I encountered at Mitre explores the pattern
recognition process in considerable mathematical detail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matched_filter
As I understood it, you compare the jumbled word to possible choices
that might make sense in context and pick the closest match. But first
you have to synchronize yourself with something you recognize. I began
with 'can'.

http://www.usna.edu/Users/math/wdj/reed-sol.htm
"Minimum distance, or d, is the minimum number of information
differences between each codeword."
An English example of inadequate distance is Affect vs Effect, affect
meaning to cause, effect being a result.
jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.

And a Bridge rectifier is GENERALLY referred to as a
full wave" rectifier.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got strains of "bridge over troubled watters"
floating through my unregulated head.

Good thing I'm ohm, now.

Ohm, Ohm on the range.

Where the Volts & Amps play...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

With a diode. Googlit.

You still don't see it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Only regulate the negative side, maybe?
(ha, ha!)

D-
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Only regulate the negative side, maybe?
(ha, ha!)

FWIW, some of the projects I work on even have ground plane "regulation"
issues. (not that it's called regulation, or anything like that...)

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

I almost posted a long reply (also reading it as "rectify"),
until I noticed who had posted the question, and then I went back and
read it more carefully and spotted what was really asked, so I blew away
the reply and went on to see what else was said.

[ ... ]

"half wave rectified"

Very nice catch!!

Bbbut, it started with an R...

Indeed it did!

Ever see one of those thingies where they ask if you can read this and
half the letters are missing and some are turned around backwards?

Takes my brain a second or two to shift gears and then I read right
through it

http://danalookadoo.com/psychology/jumbled-text/ as an example.

Funny how the mind corrects flaws in words or the wrong words
sometimes. As I get older..its easier...but sometimes it certainly
bites me in the ass..as the regulator thingy did. Saw half wave and
the following Re....and the brain changed it to rectifier
subconciously

The main trick with the above web site is to *not* look at it
closely. :-)

My room mate just looked at the above link...and is still sitting
there trying to figure out what it says, even after I just read it out
loud to her.

Interesting. I wonder what will happen when I show it to my
wife?

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Tell a lefty that it has to do with guns so a mere half-wave at the
populace will start a movement to regulate it.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.

How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Tell a lefty that it has to do with guns so a mere half-wave at the
populace will start a movement to regulate it.

They won't hear _anything_ after the word GUN! ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 08:51:28 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 06:03:06 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

--much snippage--

Bbbut, it started with an R...

Indeed it did!

Ever see one of those thingies where they ask if you can read this and
half the letters are missing and some are turned around backwards?

Takes my brain a second or two to shift gears and then I read right
through it

http://danalookadoo.com/psychology/jumbled-text/ as an example.

Funny how the mind corrects flaws in words or the wrong words
sometimes. As I get older..its easier...but sometimes it certainly
bites me in the ass..as the regulator thingy did. Saw half wave and
the following Re....and the brain changed it to rectifier
subconciously

I love those, and I'm amazed at how funky they can get before we stop
being able to grok 'em.

My room mate just looked at the above link...and is still sitting
there trying to figure out what it says, even after I just read it out
loud to her.

If it has tits or tires, you're gonna have trouble with it.

My latest book from the library is The Book of Codes: Understanding
the World of Hidden Messages. You'd like it and roomie'd like the
nice pictures. Anyway, it's an interesting read and is very evocative
of thought. It might stir something inside your mind which would help
you sort out some of your jumble since the stroke.

P.S: Are you going to write-in Ron Paul with me? Rummy and Obummer
just ain't got it. Otherwise, allowing Obummer to hasten TGC isn't a
bad idea, either. Hmm, Paul might be the easier pill to swallow and
send fewer countries to their demise (including ours!)

--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2012-10-06, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I've got strains of "bridge over troubled watters"
floating through my unregulated head.

Good thing I'm ohm, now.

Ohm, Ohm on the range.

Where the Volts & Amps play...

Should that bridge be a "Wheatstone bridge"? :-)

And for some reason, I feel that that should be "Milliamps play",
perhaps it scans better with the original song?

Enjoy,
DoN.