Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default 12 v. power source

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 06:03:06 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:18:54 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:47:18 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 02:58:11 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
wrote:
??
?? And MANY of them are also totally unregulated and unfiltered. I've
?? measured in excess of 18 volts open circuit, with over 4 volts AC
?? ripple. Some are even only HALF WAVE regulated.
?
?
? How do you 'half wave regulate' something?

Run it through a bridge rectifier only.

That has nothing to do with regulation.

blink blink....ROFLMAO! You are most absolutely correct.

That one caught me flat footed indeed.

Oops, me, too.

"half wave rectified"

Very nice catch!!

Bbbut, it started with an R...

Indeed it did!

Ever see one of those thingies where they ask if you can read this and
half the letters are missing and some are turned around backwards?

Takes my brain a second or two to shift gears and then I read right
through it

http://danalookadoo.com/psychology/jumbled-text/ as an example.

Funny how the mind corrects flaws in words or the wrong words
sometimes. As I get older..its easier...but sometimes it certainly
bites me in the ass..as the regulator thingy did. Saw half wave and
the following Re....and the brain changed it to rectifier
subconciously

My room mate just looked at the above link...and is still sitting
there trying to figure out what it says, even after I just read it out
loud to her.

Gunner

--
Adde cruorem stultitiae, atque ignem gladio scruta
To your folly add bloodshed, and stir the fire with the sword (Horace)