Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small engine help

I dont know where to turn. I have a kohler 20 horse CV 624 motor from
a lawn mower. The rod broke and I replaced it. It now startes but revs
so high immediately I have to shut it down because I am afraid it will
blow up. I adjust the idle screw and it did fine for a minute then
went bacl to the high idle. I adjusted the govenor per the manual and
this did not help.

Any advice? I tried to not disturn the internal govenor when I tool
the old rod out. It looked like a plastic gear of some sort. To be
honest,k I dont 100% understand how the govenor works at least the
internal portion.

The govenor and idleing worked fine before I replaced the broken rod.

I am at a loss. I appreciate any help!

small engine diagnostics geoff UK diy 3 June 7th 10 09:35 PM
Small engine help Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 8 May 2nd 09 07:03 AM
RPM of small gas engine Karl Townsend Metalworking 25 April 7th 09 12:21 PM
Small engine experience Don Stauffer in Minnesota Metalworking 11 June 20th 08 05:46 PM
Small engine help Sacramento Dave Home Repair 6 March 27th 06 02:20 PM