Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Small engine help

On 5/4/2012 3:10 PM, stryped wrote:
On May 4, 2:21 pm, wrote:

Did you note the reassembly to rotate the governor cross shaft and
ensure it stayed in position while setting camshaft position? I'd guess
that's one place things could have gone south.

Yes, I think it basically said to rotate the shaft so it was touching
the cylinder. I believe I did that.

As David notes in his response pointing out the same area, did you
physically restrain it to be in that position going forward to ensure it
stayed there as instructed?

Will disconnecting the govenor on the outside entirely cure the high
idle and if so I can pretty much conclude that the govenor is the
cause?

If it's wrong, I expect it will have essentially no effect externally.

If verified the linkage is correct and aren't physically forcing the
throttle in full-open position, I think the conclusion almost has to be
the internal positioning is wrong.

It might not run well w/ a small misadjustment, but the full-bore, flat
out rev'ved up means the governor ain't...again assuming the throttle
isn't being held open.

Does it rev back if you manually close throttle or can you not get the
throttle to close?