Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small engine help

Disassembled my Ryobi small tiller. The primer bulb had given up. During
the week that it took to get a new bulb, I forgot where the little hoses go.
Yes, I had to pull them all to put a new filter into the gas tank.

Gas tank has two holes, one gets a tube with filter. Primer bulb has two
connections. Carburetor has two connections. What goes where?

BTW, I do have a manual but the drawing shows the gas lines in exploded view
and not their real location.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Disassembled my Ryobi small tiller. The primer bulb had given up. During
the week that it took to get a new bulb, I forgot where the little hoses go.
Yes, I had to pull them all to put a new filter into the gas tank.

Gas tank has two holes, one gets a tube with filter. Primer bulb has two
connections. Carburetor has two connections. What goes where?

BTW, I do have a manual but the drawing shows the gas lines in exploded view
and not their real location.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Take pictures *before* taking things apart.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ivan Vegvary" fired this volley in
:

Gas tank has two holes, one gets a tube with filter. Primer bulb has
two connections. Carburetor has two connections. What goes where?

On most, the primer pressurizes the tank. That's why the tubes are such
a tight fit in their holes.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Pete C." Take pictures *before* taking things apart.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give advice *before* it is too late. :-)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
"Ivan Vegvary" fired this volley in
:

Gas tank has two holes, one gets a tube with filter. Primer bulb has
two connections. Carburetor has two connections. What goes where?

On most, the primer pressurizes the tank. That's why the tubes are such
a tight fit in their holes.

LLoyd

That has not been my experience. The Echo and Stihl saws trimmers I
have pump the gas. I figure the tubes are tight in the holes in the
tank to prevent leaks.

Let me go look.

Ok, on the Echo trimmer I opened the gas cap to vent the tank and it
still pumps gas. The pump is built into the side of the carb on botht
he Echo and the Stihl an all connections are to the carb body.

There are really only 4 ways to connect the thing and I doubt that
connecting it wrong will damage anything. Try the following:
Connect one side of the primer bulb to the tube to the tank with the
filter. If it pumps gas that's good, if not try the other side of the
primer bulb. If that side pumps gas that's good (if not then LLoyd is
right and I'm wrong). So now the primer's pumping gas, just try both
sides of the carb and see which one runs.

CarlBoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

The primer will have one connection to the bottom of the tank, and one
on the carb body. The primer pumps fuel into the carb throat; it doesn't
pressurize the tank.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Disassembled my Ryobi small tiller. The primer bulb had given up.
During the week that it took to get a new bulb, I forgot where the
little hoses go. Yes, I had to pull them all to put a new filter into
the gas tank.

Gas tank has two holes, one gets a tube with filter. Primer bulb has
two connections. Carburetor has two connections. What goes where?

BTW, I do have a manual but the drawing shows the gas lines in exploded
view and not their real location.

Thanks,
Ivan Vegvary

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 1 May 2009 09:26:14 -0700, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:

"Pete C." Take pictures *before* taking things apart.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give advice *before* it is too late. :-)

An architect/flight instructor who used to be in a supervisory
capacity where I worked, undertook to overhaul the carb. on his
motorbike. This was 15+ years ago, before digital cameras were readily
available, so he used 35mm. film, something like ~100 photos, but all
went well and he continued to ride to work most mornings, long johns
under his business suit and all.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

"Pete C." Take pictures *before* taking things apart.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Give advice *before* it is too late. :-)

An architect/flight instructor who used to be in a supervisory
capacity where I worked, undertook to overhaul the carb. on his
motorbike. This was 15+ years ago, before digital cameras were readily
available, so he used 35mm. film, something like ~100 photos, but all
went well and he continued to ride to work most mornings, long johns
under his business suit and all.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Ha ha ha. Jack G., "THE" brainiac for the company I worked for, used
to ride from the Roseland area all the way to work at John and Queen
in downtown Toronto on a friggin bicycle, winter, summer, rain or
shine. The company wanted to pick him up and send him home in a limo
at least, or better yet an armored car !! But he would have none of
it. Said if they pushed him on it, he would quit and go to Otis. The
President at the time used to sit where he could see the main entrance
every morning, just praying praying praying that Jack would walk
through the door safely. He did. Never missed a day !!