Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default fs: anyone need 5mm, 6mm or 1/4-20 driver bits?

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or 1/4-20.
2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site, www.wbnoble.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:48:21 -0800, Bill
wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or 1/4-20.
2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site, www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is it?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote in news:se78h7db7r8jq9k3ekkgd2p234kmn54m8k@
4ax.com:

wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or 1/4-20.
2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site, www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is it?

Ditto that. I'm having trouble even imagining what that might be used for.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or
1/4-20. 2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site,
www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is it?

Ditto that. I'm having trouble even imagining what that might be used
for.

It's used for inserting/installing inserts that are threaded 1/4-20 inside
into soft materials that might not hold up to repeated fastener
insertion/removal .
--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or 1/4-20.
2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site, www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is it?

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Small chuck arbor?

Aircraft drills will accept 1/4-20 bits.. like this.

http://www.skygeek.com/aircraft-tool...hment-kit.html

We have a few castings that we just can't get a regular drill into, this
system has been great. We've even had to turn down a few bigger drills
with a 1/4-20 on them just so we could create the right size hole.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or
1/4-20. 2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site,
www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is
it?

Ditto that. I'm having trouble even imagining what that might be used
for.

It's used for inserting/installing inserts that are threaded 1/4-20
inside
into soft materials that might not hold up to repeated fastener
insertion/removal .

Aha! Yes, it would be. I think maybe I could actually use one of those....

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

$0.50 each, 10 for $3, 100 for $20, your choice of 5mm, 6mm, or
1/4-20. 2 inches long. photo he

http://www.wbnoble.com/forsale/tools/driver_bits.jpg

if interested, contact me via the address on my web site,
www.wbnoble.com

Ive NEVER seen the one with the screw thread. What the dickens is it?

Ditto that. I'm having trouble even imagining what that might be used
for.

It's used for inserting/installing inserts that are threaded 1/4-20 inside
into soft materials that might not hold up to repeated fastener
insertion/removal .

Ok..I was starting to think it was for some sort of security screw.
Thanks!!

Gunner

Gunner Asch