Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Good stuff from the JPFO

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
Raging Against Self Defense:
A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

We have archived another article which compliments this page's Sarah
Thompson piece - it is written by Gene Flick, MD, a psychiatrist - "An
open letter to the American psychiatric Association

"You don't need to have a gun; the police will protect you."

further psychobabble bull**** snipped

I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some other
traumatic evening.

I think the ones who have just converted to the GOP or Conservatism.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 2, 12:01*pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Raging Against Self Defense:
A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

We have archived another article which compliments this page's Sarah
Thompson piece - it is written by Gene Flick, MD, a psychiatrist - "An
open letter to the American psychiatric Association

"You don't need to have a gun; the police will protect you."

further psychobabble bull**** snipped

I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some other
traumatic evening.

I think the ones who have just converted to the GOP or Conservatism.

Steve

Prove that this is from "from people who have not been shot, robbed,
mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some other
traumatic evening."

I know of a number of people who have been through such events and do
not own a gun..and will not own one because of the downside.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some other
traumatic evening.

Steve

Some of us take positive measures to stay that way.

I've come uncomfortably close perhaps half a dozen times, but making them
aware that I'm not helpless was enough to divert them elsewhere, fast.
Simply looking alert and ready to act by 'clearing my coat' worked wonders.
I even gave one a little gas money in case his sad story was true. In such
cases there is no reportable assault to add to the stats.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 2, 4:05*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I know of a number of people who have been through such events and do
not own a gun..and will not own one because of the downside.

TMT

You must live in a unpleasant place. I do not know any people who
have been through such events. So how many people do you know who
have been through such events and what percentage do not own a gun?

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 2, 7:24*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 2, 4:05*pm, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I know of a number of people who have been through such events and do
not own a gun..and will not own one because of the downside.

TMT

You must live in a unpleasant place. *I do not know any people who
have been through such events. *So how many people do you know who
have been through such events and what percentage do not own a gun?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

I get around.

Unlike most conservatives who hide behind curtains afraid of the
world, liberals like myself enjoy life.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 2, 8:26*pm, John B. wrote:
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:05:14 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

wrote:
On Dec 2, 12:01 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

The error seems to be that stated above "the police will protect you".
All you need to do is talk to the police themselves to discover that
their job is to enforce the laws, not protect the population. If it
were then there would be "protection" police just to follow the
citizens and protect them from harm.

--
John B.- Hide quoted text -

LOL..better talk to different cops.

Any cop that doesn't protect the population soon will not be a cop.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Dec 3, 12:18*am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:

You must live in a unpleasant place. *I do not know any people who
have been through such events. *So how many people do you know who
have been through such events and what percentage do not own a gun?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Dan

I get around.

Unlike most conservatives who hide behind curtains afraid of the
world, liberals like myself enjoy life.

TMT

You say you enjoy life, yet live where you know lots of people who
have been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some
other
traumatic evening. Seems like your idea of enjoying life is different
from mine. Oh maybe it is because you are doing the shooting,
mugging, raping, beating, etc.

But you never did say how many people you know who have been through
such events.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some
other traumatic evening.

Steve

Some of us take positive measures to stay that way.

I've come uncomfortably close perhaps half a dozen times, but making them
aware that I'm not helpless was enough to divert them elsewhere, fast.
Simply looking alert and ready to act by 'clearing my coat' worked
wonders. I even gave one a little gas money in case his sad story was
true. In such cases there is no reportable assault to add to the stats.

Your active practice of situational awareness is noted. I'm talking about
liberals and pacifists who think we all can just get along. And get along
so well that we just need to gather all guns together and melt them into
some beautiful sculptures of some of the liberal artists du jour.

I, too, no longer have to frequent questionable areas, except rarely. In
those cases, I prefer pepper spray.

You and I are different than a lot of folks. We know that bad things can
and do happen. And we take countermeasures. There are a lot of people who
couldn't imagine someone doing bad to them, but whose attitudes and social
positioning changes once they do have a traumatic event.

It is NOT paranoia if they ARE actually out to get you!

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Dec 2, 12:01 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
[...]

Called in to report my car was gone from the driveway. Was told that there
was no crime scene to investigate, and that I would have to come in and make
a station report.

Well, I don't have a car to do that .......................

"Not my problem, mon."

Protect and serve. Yeah, right. Needs to be changed to "We take reports
AFTER the crime. Wait till it's over, then call us."

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 11:05:44 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

And its NOT paranoia if they ARE actually out to get anyone who looks
easy to take. And there are millions of them out there.
Fortunately..most of them live in urban areas..but hardly ALL of them.

Gunner Asch

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote

And its NOT paranoia if they ARE actually out to get anyone who looks
easy to take. And there are millions of them out there.
Fortunately..most of them live in urban areas..but hardly ALL of them.

Happens all the time.

I have the luxury right now of living in a rural town of 900 people. Most
of them comatose brainwashed Mormons. I live at the end of a dirt road, way
out. There are weeks when I don't even start my truck. I enjoy the hell
out of it after living in Las Vegas and Houston, where you better be going
60 mph from the time you leave your door step, and have to watch every 15
year old who looks at you twice.

Yet still, there are predators in the world. I get amused by the pronking
Pollyannas of the world when they come out and make foolish statements that
show their lack of life experiences, or even their cognizance of real life.
Too much Prozac, I would say.

By the way I figure it, it's going to get worse.

There's a place in Alabama or Georgia or somewhere close there that has
inscribed monoliths regarding the future of man. The first item on their
list is that there will be a population of 500 million, IIRC. Watching TV
programs that show all the drug traffickers and users, I can see that if
that is right, there will be a spontaneous cleansing of humanity. And I can
live with that, as I feel I would be spared.

But, should it come, I would secretly be feeling a little giddy about the
crackheads, thieves, and ne'er-do-wells who will be dispatched. And that
includes the You Know Who thieves inside the beltway, too, one in
particular. I would even consider willingly and happily participating in
the thinning of the herd.

Something's gotta give, and I say assholes first.

Rant off.

Steve

Good stuff Herb and Eneva Home Repair 8 September 6th 08 10:19 PM
More good stuff on Junk Brothers Locutus Woodworking 5 October 7th 06 12:58 AM
Really Good Stuff or Swarfega Orange? Bob Mannix UK diy 114 May 22nd 05 01:36 PM
Top Saver = good stuff Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 21 February 16th 04 01:58 AM