Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Good stuff from the JPFO

"John B." wrote in message
On Fri, 2 Dec 2011 13:05:14 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools
wrote:

On Dec 2, 12:01 pm, "Steve B" wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Raging Against Self Defense:
A psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

By Sarah Thompson, M.D.

We have archived another article which compliments this page's Sarah
Thompson piece - it is written by Gene Flick, MD, a psychiatrist - "An
open letter to the American psychiatric Association

"You don't need to have a gun; the police will protect you."

further psychobabble bull**** snipped

I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some
other
traumatic evening.

I think the ones who have just converted to the GOP or Conservatism.

Steve

Prove that this is from "from people who have not been shot, robbed,
mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some other
traumatic evening."

I know of a number of people who have been through such events and do
not own a gun..and will not own one because of the downside.

TMT

The error seems to be that stated above "the police will protect you".
All you need to do is talk to the police themselves to discover that
their job is to enforce the laws, not protect the population. If it
were then there would be "protection" police just to follow the
citizens and protect them from harm.

--
John B.

Called in to report my car was gone from the driveway. Was told that there
was no crime scene to investigate, and that I would have to come in and make
a station report.

Well, I don't have a car to do that .......................

"Not my problem, mon."

Protect and serve. Yeah, right. Needs to be changed to "We take reports
AFTER the crime. Wait till it's over, then call us."

Steve