Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Good stuff from the JPFO

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
. ..
I find if curious that all this is from people who have not been shot,
robbed, mugged, raped, beaten, forced to submit, or experienced some
other traumatic evening.

Steve

Some of us take positive measures to stay that way.

I've come uncomfortably close perhaps half a dozen times, but making them
aware that I'm not helpless was enough to divert them elsewhere, fast.
Simply looking alert and ready to act by 'clearing my coat' worked
wonders. I even gave one a little gas money in case his sad story was
true. In such cases there is no reportable assault to add to the stats.

Your active practice of situational awareness is noted. I'm talking about
liberals and pacifists who think we all can just get along. And get along
so well that we just need to gather all guns together and melt them into
some beautiful sculptures of some of the liberal artists du jour.

I, too, no longer have to frequent questionable areas, except rarely. In
those cases, I prefer pepper spray.

You and I are different than a lot of folks. We know that bad things can
and do happen. And we take countermeasures. There are a lot of people who
couldn't imagine someone doing bad to them, but whose attitudes and social
positioning changes once they do have a traumatic event.

It is NOT paranoia if they ARE actually out to get you!

Steve