Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Good stuff

Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine
houshold things.
I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1
month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that
would be 24 nozzles for one season. I went to tractor supply and got a
better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. Once I bought a
real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it
would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make
extra brushes for this item. I would like to find
someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of
cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic
clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I
would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine
houshold things.
I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1
month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that
would be 24 nozzles for one season. I went to tractor supply and got a
better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. Once I bought a
real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it
would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make
extra brushes for this item. I would like to find
someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of
cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic
clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I
would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

There are still a few places that sell quality fittings. For a hose nozzle
try Lee Valley
www.leevalley.com
For a hose reel try www.rapidreel.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sep 5, 1:28*pm, (Herb and Eneva) wrote:
* Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine
houshold things.
I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1
month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that
would be 24 nozzles for one season. *I went to tractor supply and got a
better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. *Once I bought a
real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it
would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make
extra brushes for this item. * * * * * * * * I would like to find
someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of
cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic
clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I
would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

Ace and Sears have lifetime warrantys, at least you can exchange
items. Craftsman hand tools are good.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Herb and Eneva wrote:
Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine
houshold things.
I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1
month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that
would be 24 nozzles for one season. I went to tractor supply and got
a better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. Once I bought a
real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it
would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make
extra brushes for this item. I would like to find
someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of
cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic
clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I
would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

" 'Tis better to spend than to mend," or so said George Orwell.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try your local Ace hardware.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Herb and Eneva" wrote in message
Where`s the good stuff? I mean mostly tools, hardware, and routine
houshold things.
I bought a hose nozzle at W.M. for $4.00 and it only lasted about 1
month. I didn`t expect it to be a real good one but with 4 hoses that
would be 24 nozzles for one season. I went to tractor supply and got a
better nozzle for $ 8.00 but it only lasted 1 year. Once I bought a
real cheap black and decker drill--less than $10.00-- and thought it
would be nice to have an extra set of brushes. They don`t even make
extra brushes for this item. I would like to find
someplace that sells well made products with metal parts instead of
cheap plastic, screws holding it together instead of weak plastic
clips--I mean whoever heard of plastic gears in a chain saw. I know I
would have to pay more but it would be worth it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Try your local Ace hardware.

Hit or miss, too, imo....much of their stock any more is simply
Ace-branded versions of the same Chinese imports as everywhere else.

The "real" stuff remains at the actual distributors for the most part w/
the odd local supplier or the internet/catalog store which has a wide
enough market exposure to be able to hit the rare consumer who actually
does buy something on other than lowest initial cost...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Speaking of nozzles, I just got one from Amazon for about $18. A little
expensive, but it's supposed to have lifetime warranty (my lifetime I
guess).

Anyway, it works very well. Just search Amazon for hose nozzles.