Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home made Torx T-9 insturment

Recently dropped a FRS walkie talkie, which now transmits
but without any TX audio. I'm curious what's inside.

The Harbor Freight security bit set has T8 and T10. And as
Goldilocks said about the porridge, one is too small and one
is too large.

Torx sets are about $5 or less on Ebay, with the obligatory
2 week wait from Hong Kong.

With a small allen wrench, and some time on the bench
grinder, I was able to make an oddly shaped tip, which was
supposed to be smaller allen wrench tip. Didn't work out as
well as I'd hoped. But, it did remove the necessary screws.

I also opened up a nonworking set I got off Ebay, which had
corroded alkaline batteries. The contacts were beyond
repair, or at least beyond my own abilities.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Home made valves Ron(UK) Electronics Repair 16 January 19th 08 05:35 PM
HOME MADE Hasipups Home Repair 0 September 19th 07 08:51 AM
Home Made Lathe Richard Holub Woodworking 12 December 18th 05 04:43 PM
Home-made Oil finish? Tana Woodworking 18 August 13th 05 04:29 PM
Home made UPS... Day Brown Electronics 14 August 10th 05 12:07 AM