Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home made Torx T-9 insturment

Your lathe sounds like a good investment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

Hmm ... sounds like the set I got from MicroCenter (the
computer
box store), except that while the bottom half of the box is
orange (the
top is clear), the handle is orange and black instead.

It has four rows of bits, straight, Philips, torx (including
T9, but not security T9 if you need that) and Allen (they
call them hex)
in metric sizes.

The flexible shaft looks like a lifesaver waiting for the
right
project, but it and the magnifier together are a pain,
because the flex
shaft is stored bent, and tries to pop out when you open the
case, and
the magnifier has to rest on top of it so the case can
close, and tries
to launch when the flex shaft pops straight. :-)

If I need a security torx in these sizes which is not in my
current collection (I think that I've got them all covered
in 1/4" shank
ones of better quality anyway), I can always pop it in a hex
collet in
the lathe and drill the "security" clearance hole.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail