Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home made Torx T-9 insturment

I thought that trigger locks were a bad idea (except
possibly for long term storage). The hammer lock sounds like
an even worse idea. "hang on; don't rob me yet. I have to
unlock the hammer of my revolver."

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message

O.K. A surface grinder and a small index head can work
wonders
on making small (or non-standard) Allen wrenches. SWMBO has
a Tarus
5-shot .38 Special with the protective lock built into the
hammer. It
came with two "keys", which were 0.100" Security Allen
wrenches with
black plastic handles to go on your key ring. My ring I
wear on my
belt, and the plastic broke so my copy was lost, so I had to
make a
replacement -- with an aluminum handle so it will stay with
me.

I guess that a metric country would think that an imperial
size
in a non-standard size would be secure enough -- but it is
also a pain.
There is now way that I'm going to order another from them
and have the
same failure. :-)