Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Home made Torx T-9 insturment

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Recently dropped a FRS walkie talkie, which now transmits
but without any TX audio. I'm curious what's inside.

The Harbor Freight security bit set has T8 and T10. And as
Goldilocks said about the porridge, one is too small and one
is too large.

You bought the wrong set. They sell a set of six small 'star' bits that
includes T-9. It's not always available, but I bought two sets the last
time I saw them. I don't have the stock number handy, since all my tool
notes were on that Seagate drive that died. So far, I've recovered
about 32 GB of files between the failed hard drive and the corrupted
backups. There is at least another 20 GB that I haven't been able to
recover.

I bought a hand full of Torx bits at a flea market about 10 years ago
that were mounted in uncut round ACE keys so you could carry them on a
key ring, I still have a few T-7, T-8 and T-9 left. They had about 25
pounds, but they were too expensive to buy all of them.