Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obama has created more hatred and disunity than any president in history.

wrote in message
On Jul 17, 12:15 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Oh, horse****, Dan. Go play your games with someone else. Nobody in his
right mind would equate the two.

--
Ed Huntress

Horse**** yourself. You make demeaning remarks about lots of people
and then get upset when someone makes a demeaning remark about you.

Do you deny that your remark about Bachmann was demeaning?

Yes. To most people, it was a rather dumb joke, a play on the wording she
used, that she "takes von Mises with her when she lies on the beach." An
unfortunate choice of words on her part but I couldn't produce a better joke
out of it. It was late. g And, of course, von Mises is dead.

Your comment, on the other hand, had no connection whatever with anything
else being said. You just plucked out the rightard's favorite put-down, an
accusation of homosexuality. That's just pure snideness, with no jokingness
to it.

I wouldn't take the time to explain this but for one reason. I've been
struck numerous times by your apparent inability to distinguish jokes
(mostly bad ones, which are the common kind here) from gratuitous, truly
disparaging remarks. There's a social consciousness lacking somewhere. And
then I realized what the pattern is. Your writing, and the way you handle
these jokes, is very much like someone with borderline Asperger's Syndrome.

I'm not claiming you have it, only that your remarks fit the pattern. If, by
some chance, it happens to be the case, let me apologize, because I know a
bit about the condition and I've been exposed to it a *lot*. I don't mean to
put anyone down who has it, either. I've learned to deal with people who
have it.

Now, I'll say no more about it, except that you and I can't communicate at
all about jokes, snideness, or belittling remarks. We're on different pages.

Ok?

--
Ed Huntress

I equate the two. And I expect a lot of the people here on RCM would
equate the two. You are just a little man who has to make snide
remarks and then gets upset when someone calls you on it.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 17, 5:50*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Do you deny that your remark about Bachmann was demeaning?

Yes. To most people, it was a rather dumb joke, a play on the wording she
used, that she "takes von Mises with her when she lies on the beach." An
unfortunate choice of words on her part but I couldn't produce a better joke
out of it. It was late. g And, of course, von Mises is dead.

It was a dumb joke, but a demeaning one. You can deny it all you
want, but anyone reading it will recognize what it is.

My response was pure snideness to match yours.

I wouldn't take the time to explain this but for one reason. I've been
struck numerous times by your apparent inability to distinguish jokes
(mostly bad ones, which are the common kind here) from gratuitous, truly
disparaging remarks. There's a social consciousness lacking somewhere. And
then I realized what the pattern is. Your writing, and the way you handle
these jokes, is very much like someone with borderline Asperger's Syndrome.

Wow, now there is another demeaning remark.

I agree there is a social consciousness lacking, but it is lacking in
you. I do not usually make snide remarks while you often do. Mature
people do not do that.

Now, I'll say no more about it, except that you and I can't communicate at
all about jokes, snideness, or belittling remarks. We're on different pages.

Ok?

It is fine with me as long as you stop making snide demeaning
remarks. If you do not, I will bring your slips to your attention
and to the rest of the RCM.

Dan
--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 17, 5:50 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

Do you deny that your remark about Bachmann was demeaning?

Yes. To most people, it was a rather dumb joke, a play on the wording she
used, that she "takes von Mises with her when she lies on the beach." An
unfortunate choice of words on her part but I couldn't produce a better
joke
out of it. It was late. g And, of course, von Mises is dead.

It was a dumb joke, but a demeaning one. You can deny it all you
want, but anyone reading it will recognize what it is.

People who think that everyone else is thinking like them tend to get big
surprises.

My response was pure snideness to match yours.

No, it was something different. I'm sorry you don't recognize it.

I wouldn't take the time to explain this but for one reason. I've been
struck numerous times by your apparent inability to distinguish jokes
(mostly bad ones, which are the common kind here) from gratuitous, truly
disparaging remarks. There's a social consciousness lacking somewhere. And
then I realized what the pattern is. Your writing, and the way you handle
these jokes, is very much like someone with borderline Asperger's
Syndrome.

Wow, now there is another demeaning remark.

Listen, cornbread, Asperger's is not something to play loose with. It is not
demeaning. Some of the smartest, most focused people I've ever known are on
the Asperger's scale, including a writer on my staff who could write a
120-page drug dossier without coming up for air.

David Byrne is borderline Asperger's, and a near-genius artist.

It is not a critical remark. It is a remark upon your habits of mind, as you
interpret and write about subtle matters of attitude and judgment,
particularly involving anything to do with humor, or the lack thereof.
Asperger's folks need all of the inputs they can get to interpret subtle
social interactions -- facial expressions, tone of voice, etc. -- and typing
on a page is going to leave them wondering or misinterpreting things.

Just like you.

I agree there is a social consciousness lacking, but it is lacking in
you. I do not usually make snide remarks while you often do. Mature
people do not do that.

Phfffft.

Now, I'll say no more about it, except that you and I can't communicate at
all about jokes, snideness, or belittling remarks. We're on different
pages.

Ok?

It is fine with me as long as you stop making snide demeaning
remarks. If you do not, I will bring your slips to your attention
and to the rest of the RCM.

Dan

I'm sure the rightards are waiting for your assessments, Dan. If you've
noticed, they're the ones who jump on and agree with you in your
accusations.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 17, 7:31*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm sure the rightards are waiting for your assessments, Dan. If you've
noticed, they're the ones who jump on and agree with you in your
accusations.

--
Ed Huntress

Well that is once. I consider " rightards " to be demeaning.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 17, 7:31 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

I'm sure the rightards are waiting for your assessments, Dan. If you've
noticed, they're the ones who jump on and agree with you in your
accusations.

--
Ed Huntress

Well that is once. I consider " rightards " to be demeaning.

Dan

It is. And it's well-deserved turnabout for "leftards," "libruls," and the
rest of the invective we hear from the mouth-breathing right wing here on
this NG.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jul 18, 2:24*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It is. And it's well-deserved turnabout for "leftards," "libruls," and the
rest of the invective we hear from the mouth-breathing right wing here on
this NG.

--
Ed Huntress

And you believe it is important to use that expression here for what
reason? Oh that is right. You just are compelled to denigrate
someone.

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Jul 18, 2:24 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

It is. And it's well-deserved turnabout for "leftards," "libruls," and the
rest of the invective we hear from the mouth-breathing right wing here on
this NG.

--
Ed Huntress

And you believe it is important to use that expression here for what
reason? Oh that is right. You just are compelled to denigrate
someone.

Dan

The denigrators. And they deserve it. For too many years they've been
running free. Lately it's gotten out of hand.

Fortunately, they're mostly not too bright, like the fool who made claims
about selling gold coins in India, who didn't check first to see that it's a
serious crime there.

They're mostly fools and poseurs. They are not conservatives. They are
right-wing malcontents, and if you just leave them alone, they take over the
NG.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Jul 18, 10:36 am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Ed...I easily recognize your compassion and restraint that you are
displaying in this discussion.

I am positively impressed..and I am not a person easily impressed.

While many of the conservative a-holes here will try to beat you up,
please remember that some of us strongly support you and your
comments.

TMT

Thanks for the kind words, TMT. But don't worry. I can't take someone who's
eaten out of dumpsters, holds world records in sailboats and motorcycles
g, runs up a $300,000 debt to the taxpayers, and then quotes approvingly
the invocations of Immanuel Kant and German ontologists, seriously. d8-)

They are such b.s.'ers that they undermine themselves at every turn. All you
have to do is to be honest about the facts. Sooner or later, they're left
with nothing but bluster.

--
Ed Huntress