Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Chicago's Top Cop on gun control

The pervasion of illegal guns in America's black and Latino communities is a
result of "government-sponsored racism," akin to "slavery, segregation,
black codes [and] Jim Crow," Rahm Emanuel's new police chief, Garry
McCarthy, told parishioners at St. Sabina's Church earlier this month.

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz1QBXlSkyI

Perhaps someone should tell police chief McCarthy criminals
could care less about gun laws, in fact they want a total ban.

Is McCarthy saying that by not sponsering more gun control
the obama adminestration is racist ?

Best Regards
Tom.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:58:31 -0700, "azotic"
wrote:

The pervasion of illegal guns in America's black and Latino communities is a
result of "government-sponsored racism," akin to "slavery, segregation,
black codes [and] Jim Crow," Rahm Emanuel's new police chief, Garry
McCarthy, told parishioners at St. Sabina's Church earlier this month.

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz1QBXlSkyI

Perhaps someone should tell police chief McCarthy criminals
could care less about gun laws, in fact they want a total ban.

Is McCarthy saying that by not sponsering more gun control
the obama adminestration is racist ?

Somebody should show that ****-stirring, ignorant *******, McCarthy
(any relation to Joe?) figures for black-on-black murder. It's
(primarily) not whites who choose to drop out of school and find
illegal guns on the streets to kill blacks and hispanics, it's blacks
and hispanics.

It's affirmative action which promotes racism, so he was partly right
about it being gov't sponsored racism. He's a big part of it himself.

Police reports and the CDC should start counting the gang deaths as a
separate part of the homicide figures. They've been covering them up
for too long.

If the Border Patrol were allowed to actually do its job, the flow of
illegal aliens and illegal guns would be considerably slowed.

Wars on Crime and Drugs are having the opposite effect. Time to stop
funding them.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The only thing that law abiding citizens should be mandated to do is own and
use a permanently mounted gun safe to help eliminate stolen legitimate guns.
I always add that to the CCW and NRA programs that I teach. Another thing I
teach is that if a person doesn't keep in practice, they are next to useless
in a situation. THOSE two things should be law! Leftists have an agenda
that they are trying to achieve and will continue to nibble away our rights.
Of course, in any "situation" a law abiding citizen is being confronted
by.........a leftist!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

why not mandate giant vaults to store cars in too, you know, it case they
get stolen.

I always add that to the CCW and NRA programs that I teach. Another thing I
teach is that if a person doesn't keep in practice, they are next to useless
in a situation. THOSE two things should be law! Leftists have an agenda

So your second law should be gun confiscation if you don't prove to the
governemnt that you're not rusty?

That goes great with registration, fees and various lists.

Take a step back. You're no different from the idiots here in chicago.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 02:58:31 -0700, "azotic" wrote:

The pervasion of illegal guns in America's black and Latino communities is a
result of "government-sponsored racism," akin to "slavery, segregation,
black codes [and] Jim Crow," Rahm Emanuel's new police chief, Garry
McCarthy, told parishioners at St. Sabina's Church earlier this month.

Source:
http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward...#ixzz1QBXlSkyI

Perhaps someone should tell police chief McCarthy criminals
could care less about gun laws, in fact they want a total ban.

Is McCarthy saying that by not sponsering more gun control
the obama adminestration is racist ?

Best Regards
Tom.

By sponsoring subrosa gun control attempts such as the recent BATF
cluster****..(ongoing) and using Mexicans as their targets...Id have to
say that the Obama Administration is racist as can be.

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message ...
Oh, and what's that?

=================

Take the hook out of your mouth. Insecure Americans love to throw this gun
control obsession out there when they are bored.

--

Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

***YAWN ****

more gun control and US politics trolling

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Eric wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message ...
Oh, and what's that?

=================

Take the hook out of your mouth. Insecure Americans love to throw this gun
control obsession out there when they are bored.

--

Eric

insecure Americans are concerned with stuff like the constitution. They're nutty
like that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Eric wrote:

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message ...
Oh, and what's that?

=================

Take the hook out of your mouth. Insecure Americans love to throw this
gun
control obsession out there when they are bored.

--

Eric

insecure Americans are concerned with stuff like the constitution. They're
nutty
like that.

=======
Our government keeps our minds on real important issues, like the
constipational right to bare arms in a world with ICBM nuclear weapons, and
green eco-issues to support the import automobile industry. Every day there
is some newspaper article on how some other ******** country tortures their
unborn children to keep us OK with killing and maiming all our children in
a war to further their political careers and population control. A sucker
born every minute.

--

Eric

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:00:01 -0400, "Eric"
wrote:

Our government keeps our minds on real important issues, like the
constipational right to bare arms in a world with ICBM nuclear weapons, and
green eco-issues to support the import automobile industry. Every day there
is some newspaper article on how some other ******** country tortures their
unborn children to keep us

While this country murders their unborn children. Right?

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Only the paranoid propaganda suckers needs to carry guns. Many other
countries do not need them. They have graduated from the 1800s. Most
Americans have not.

Filtration and training are good things for the people that need weapons.
99% of us don't.
Gun controls will become common and gun freedom terrorists have no arguments
anymore. (resistance of the country? Grow up)
-------

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message
I'd like to come up with some type of definitive test to make sure I
weed out students that have no business getting firearms training or a
CCW. I'd much rather the idiots with guns be ignorant and clumsy. Let
them show off their guns like jewelry and have absolutely no
proficiency...or carry permit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/24/2011 9:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

Only the paranoid propaganda suckers needs to carry guns. Many other
countries do not need them. They have graduated from the 1800s. Most
Americans have not.

Filtration and training are good things for the people that need
weapons. 99% of us don't.
Gun controls will become common and gun freedom terrorists have no
arguments anymore. (resistance of the country? Grow up)
-------

I'd be very happy not to carry or train others...as soon as leftists
quit carrying guns and committing crimes. Until homes and cars are
fireproof, I'll not maintain my fire extinguishers anymore either.

I'll bet you are against all shooting sports and hunting too. PLEASE
never touch a firearm, they are very dangerous in the wrong hands, it
takes a certain amount of responsibility and respect.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jun 25, 12:04*am, Tom Gardner Mars@tacks wrote:
On 6/24/2011 9:39 PM, Josepi wrote:

Only the paranoid propaganda suckers needs to carry guns. Many other
countries do not need them. They have graduated from the 1800s. Most
Americans have not.

Filtration and training are good things for the people that need
weapons. 99% of us don't.
Gun controls will become common and gun freedom terrorists have no
arguments anymore. (resistance of the country? Grow up)
-------

I'd be very happy not to carry or train others...as soon as leftists
quit carrying guns and committing crimes. *Until homes and cars are
fireproof, I'll not maintain my fire extinguishers anymore either.

I'll bet you are against all shooting sports and hunting too. *PLEASE
never touch a firearm, they are very dangerous in the wrong hands, it
takes a certain amount of responsibility and respect.

So what the hell are you doing with one?

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Chris Rock advocates a knives for guns swap.
He wants people to stand closer when they kill.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Chris Rock advocates a knives for guns swap.
He wants people to stand closer when they kill.

I wonder what part of "Shall not be infringed" they don't understand.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't need no stinkin' weapons. I contract out most of my self protection
and protection for my family. I shot small animals as a child but grew out
of that mean spiritedness.

There is a neat system used in many countries, usually paid for in income
and property taxes. You may want to google this one and follow up if you
live in a third world country.

We call it "Police Force" and this system provides us with much better
protection than we can for ourselves and we do not have to worry as much
about killing our kids or our children killing us. Much cheaper when you
take into consideration all the locks, cabinets, ammunition, training,
licences and costs involved with keeping a paranoia demonstration device. I
would be ashamed of my society if I needed one but to each his own.

------------
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/26/2011 2:28 PM, Josepi wrote:
I don't need no stinkin' weapons. I contract out most of my self
protection and protection for my family. I shot small animals as a child
but grew out of that mean spiritedness.

I shoot large wild animals as an adult, no mean spiritedness involved.
Ethically no different from gathering wild strawberries.

There is a neat system used in many countries, usually paid for in
income and property taxes. You may want to google this one and follow up
if you live in a third world country.

We call it "Police Force" and this system provides us with much better
protection than we can for ourselves and we do not have to worry as much
about killing our kids or our children killing us. Much cheaper when you
take into consideration all the locks, cabinets, ammunition, training,
licences and costs involved with keeping a paranoia demonstration
device. I would be ashamed of my society if I needed one but to each his
own.

The police don't show up until after the crime is committed. How is that
protection? The US Supreme Court has ruled that police have no
obligation to protect citizens, their function is to enforce laws and
catch bad guys after the crime is committed. They may catch the bad guy
who killed you and your family, but will that make you feel better?
Probably not, you'll be dead.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

You would perhaps prefer they catch the bad guy BEFORE he commits a crime?

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CaveLamb fired this volley in
:

You would perhaps prefer they catch the bad guy BEFORE he commits a
crime?

Mine would be to catch him "dead-in-his-tracks" _attempting_ to commit it.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
CaveLamb fired this volley in
:

You would perhaps prefer they catch the bad guy BEFORE he commits a
crime?

Mine would be to catch him "dead-in-his-tracks" _attempting_ to commit it.

LLoyd

Suspend habius corpus (again)?

Habius Corpus
[Latin, You have the body.] A writ (court order) that commands an individual or
a government official who has restrained another to produce the prisoner at a
designated time and place so that the court can determine the legality of
custody and decide whether to order the prisoner's release.

The habeas corpus concept was first expressed in the Magna Charta, a
constitutional document forced on King John by English landowners at Runnymede
on June 15, 1215. Among the liberties declared in the Magna Charta was that "No
free man shall be seized, or imprisoned, or disseised, or outlawed, or exiled,
or injured in any way, nor will we enter on him or send against him except by
the lawful judgment of his peers, or by the law of the land." This principle
evolved to mean that no person should be deprived of freedom without Due Process
of Law.
--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~sv_temptress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

CaveLamb fired this volley in news:-
:

Suspend habius corpus (again)?

it works (legally). G

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/26/2011 5:26 PM, CaveLamb wrote:
David R. Birch wrote:
[...]

Is there a point to that response?

I don't see how you expect that to happen, "Minority Report" was science
fiction.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

fired this volley in
:

You would perhaps prefer they catch the bad guy BEFORE he commits a
crime?

Mine would be to catch him "dead-in-his-tracks" _attempting_ to commit it.

LLoyd

This is where the responsible armed citizen comes in, not an option in
Josepi's fantasy world.

David
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 15:28:18 -0400, "Josepi"
wrote:

I don't need no stinkin' weapons. I contract out most of my self protection
and protection for my family. I shot small animals as a child but grew out
of that mean spiritedness.

There is a neat system used in many countries, usually paid for in income
and property taxes. You may want to google this one and follow up if you
live in a third world country.

We call it "Police Force" and this system provides us with much better
protection than we can for ourselves and we do not have to worry as much
about killing our kids or our children killing us. Much cheaper when you
take into consideration all the locks, cabinets, ammunition, training,
licences and costs involved with keeping a paranoia demonstration device. I
would be ashamed of my society if I needed one but to each his own.

There is a discussion going on about gun control and the right to defend
yourself over at A Tangled Web. Since my figures on crime in the UK
versus crime in the US are couple of years old, I thought I would take a
look at the currently available statistics.

The public misconception is that the UK is a safe country and the US
violent, but the truth is just the opposite. Depending on which numbers
you choose, the violent crime rate in the UK is five times higher than
the rate in the US.

[Update - July 2, 2009: People still don't like these statistics, so
here is the latest bunch courtesy of the EU and the UN, Naming Britain
the most violent country in Europe, with violent crime rates ahead of
the US and South Africa.]

[Update - August 20, 2007: Lots of people don't like my conclusions in
the post. Fair enough, you don' have to. Here are some other statistics
- from the Times Online and the Independent, since you question the
other sources here - that you might want to look at. And if you really
don't believe the statistics below, point to better statistics.]

British FlagOn the east side of the Atlantic, we have the British Home
Office and the British Crime Survey for 2005/2006. The UK does not use a
calendar-year reporting scheme, but reports on a September-to-September
time-frame. (These figures do NOT represent two years' worth of data.)
The first problem is that there appear to be two separate figures for
the crime rate. If we look at the tables supporting Chapter 5, on
Violent Crime, (this is an Excel Workbook) we are told that there was a
total of 2,420,000 violent crimes in the time-frame covered by the
report. If we take the word of the CIA Factbook the UK had a population
of 60,609,153 (July 2006 est.) This gives a rate of violent crime per
100,000 inhabitants as 3992.8. However in Chapter 7, (Table 7a) of the
BCS, the total violent crime rate per 1000 inhabitants is listed as 23,
which is equivalent to 2300 per 100,000 inhabitants. Even this lower
number is an astonishing figure when compared to the US data.

US FlagOn the west side of the Atlantic we have the Federal Bureau of
Investigation and the Uniform Crime Report for 2005. (2005 is the last
year for which the data are not preliminary.) In table 1, we see that in
2005, the violent crime rate per 100,000 inhabitants was 469.2.

I recently broke out some of the state-by-state numbers. I repeat them
here.

State Violent Crime Rate
per 100,0000 murder rate per
100,000
South Dakota 175.7 2.3
California 526.3 6.9
New York 445.8 4.5
Massachusetts 456.9 2.7
Wisconsin 241.5 3.5
Illinois * 551 6.0
District of Columbia 1459.0 35.4
* Illinois doesn't like to present data to the FBI for inclusion in the
Uniform Crime Report. So it is hard to know if the figures for Illinois
are low or high. (And yes I know, D.C. is not a state.)

The UK numbers make Washington, D.C. look good.

But then in The Sun Online, in an article: 600 kids mugged each term day
we find that the UK numbers do not include crimes against anyone under
the age of 16.

Yet the attacks are not included in the Government’s key measure of
crime, which IGNORES offences on under-16s. [emphasis in the original]

This ignoring of inconvenient facts is not surprising, given that a 2002
study found that as many as 11 million crimes (some serious) were
omitted from the British government's official figures. While some
reforms have been enacted, cooking the books seems to still be taking
place. (Those 600 muggings per day amount to 113,000 additional crimes
every year.)

An interesting comparison of two major metropolitan centers, shows just
how far the UK has fallen.

New York has a population of 8 million, London 7 million
London's crime rate is about 7 times that of New York
Police budgets are comparable
New York has 40% more cops on the beat

All of this is true while the perception that the UK is a safe society
and the US is the violent, wild west remains.

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 18:29:57 -0500, CaveLamb
wrote:

Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
[...]

Err... Richard, I somehow have the idea that you might be from Texas.

Isn't it still the law that the Cops can apprehend you if they become
aware that you are or are intending to commit a crime? Like they stop
you to tell you that your tail light is burned out and see that big
bag of ganja you have sitting on the back seat?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 17:57:33 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

CaveLamb fired this volley in
:

You would perhaps prefer they catch the bad guy BEFORE he commits a
crime?

Mine would be to catch him "dead-in-his-tracks" _attempting_ to commit it.

Have you seen the movie about this? Tom Cruise in "Minority Report".
Lotsa future SciFi fun!

--
The whole life of man is but a point of time; let us enjoy it.
-- Plutarch
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Have you seen the movie about this? Tom Cruise in "Minority Report".
Lotsa future SciFi fun!

Read the book. Tom Cruise in _anything_ doesn't interest me; the wacko is
too far left of sane to be of any interest to anyone except horny teenage
girls.

LLoyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 07:23:41 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

Have you seen the movie about this? Tom Cruise in "Minority Report".
Lotsa future SciFi fun!

Read the book. Tom Cruise in _anything_ doesn't interest me; the wacko is
too far left of sane to be of any interest to anyone except horny teenage
girls.

I simply have to overlook (1) his arrogance, (2) his political
ignorance, and (3) his religious fanaticism, as I do with most of
Hollyweird's people. Once I do that, Cruise is one of my favorite
action heroes, right up there with Arnold Schwartzenegger, Sylvester
Stallone, Bruce Willis, Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Dolph
Lundgren, Harrison Ford, Tommy Lee Jones, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris,
Claude VanDamme, Wesley Snipes, and Morgan Freeman.

Action/Adventure is my favorite genre. More names he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_action_films