Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default OT-Chicago's Top Cop on gun control

On 6/26/2011 2:28 PM, Josepi wrote:
I don't need no stinkin' weapons. I contract out most of my self
protection and protection for my family. I shot small animals as a child
but grew out of that mean spiritedness.

I shoot large wild animals as an adult, no mean spiritedness involved.
Ethically no different from gathering wild strawberries.

There is a neat system used in many countries, usually paid for in
income and property taxes. You may want to google this one and follow up
if you live in a third world country.

We call it "Police Force" and this system provides us with much better
protection than we can for ourselves and we do not have to worry as much
about killing our kids or our children killing us. Much cheaper when you
take into consideration all the locks, cabinets, ammunition, training,
licences and costs involved with keeping a paranoia demonstration
device. I would be ashamed of my society if I needed one but to each his
own.

The police don't show up until after the crime is committed. How is that
protection? The US Supreme Court has ruled that police have no
obligation to protect citizens, their function is to enforce laws and
catch bad guys after the crime is committed. They may catch the bad guy
who killed you and your family, but will that make you feel better?
Probably not, you'll be dead.

David