Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default UN Gun Grab...Told ya' so!

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:

Leftists do end-run around 2nd Amendment, it's just the beginning folks!

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/20...rs-up-in-arms/

I guess it's time to stock up.

Good Luck!
Rich

Yep, that is exactly what gun makers want you to do. Fear they will take
away your guns is good for business. Forget about the actual fact that the
proposed treaty only regulates international trade in guns. Forget about
the fact that TWO THIRDS of the Senate would have to approve.

Again, think about why an editorial in a business magazine is trying to
mislead you about this.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/int...un-ban-treaty/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

anorton wrote:

Again, think about why an editorial in a business magazine is trying to
mislead you about this.

I don't see them as trying to mislead - I see it as a warning that the UN
and the US administration are trying to undermine the Constitution.

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 16:14:30 -0700, "anorton"
wrote:

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Tom Gardner wrote:

Leftists do end-run around 2nd Amendment, it's just the beginning folks!

http://blogs.forbes.com/larrybell/20...rs-up-in-arms/

I guess it's time to stock up.

Good Luck!
Rich

Yep, that is exactly what gun makers want you to do. Fear they will take
away your guns is good for business. Forget about the actual fact that the
proposed treaty only regulates international trade in guns. Forget about
the fact that TWO THIRDS of the Senate would have to approve.

Again, think about why an editorial in a business magazine is trying to
mislead you about this.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/int...un-ban-treaty/

So if the article appeared in the Huffington Post..it would mean
more...right?

The current Democratic party has lost its ideological basis for
existence.
- It is NOT fiscally responsible.
- It is NOT ethically honorable.
- It has started wars based on lies.
- It does not support the well-being of americans - only billionaires.
- It has suppresed constitutional guaranteed liberties.
- It has foisted a liar as president upon America.
- It has violated US national sovereignty in trade treaties.
- It has refused to enforce the national borders.

....It no longer has valid reasons to exist.
Lorad474
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
anorton wrote:

Again, think about why an editorial in a business magazine is trying to
mislead you about this.

I don't see them as trying to mislead - I see it as a warning that the UN
and the US administration are trying to undermine the Constitution.

Thanks,
Rich

Buy more guns, Rich. Lots of them.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"anorton" wrote:

Yep, that is exactly what gun makers want you to do. Fear they will take
away your guns is good for business. Forget about the actual fact that the
proposed treaty only regulates international trade in guns. Forget about
the fact that TWO THIRDS of the Senate would have to approve.

And now did that health care bill get through?

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"anorton" wrote:

Yep, that is exactly what gun makers want you to do. Fear they will take
away your guns is good for business. Forget about the actual fact that the
proposed treaty only regulates international trade in guns. Forget about
the fact that TWO THIRDS of the Senate would have to approve.

And now did that health care bill get through?

Wes

This one is pure paranoid fantasy, Wes. The proposed treaty says nothing
about countries controlling gun sales *within* their borders. It's about
international gun trade.

As anorton says, it's being cooked up to rouse the troops -- and maybe to
sell some guns.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

This one is pure paranoid fantasy, Wes. The proposed treaty says nothing
about countries controlling gun sales *within* their borders. It's about
international gun trade.

Gee, looking at a recently purchased firearm, I see parts from Crotia and from Israel,
anything affecting importing and exporting of arms can affect me and the enjoyment of my
rights.

Of course, I do not believe that the UN is a purely benefical entity and is best qualified
to rule over US as you seem to. Paranoid or delusional, I'll stick with paranoid if I
must.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

This one is pure paranoid fantasy, Wes. The proposed treaty says nothing
about countries controlling gun sales *within* their borders. It's about
international gun trade.

Gee, looking at a recently purchased firearm, I see parts from Crotia and
from Israel,
anything affecting importing and exporting of arms can affect me and the
enjoyment of my
rights.

Of course, I do not believe that the UN is a purely benefical entity and is
best qualified
to rule over US as you seem to. Paranoid or delusional, I'll stick with
paranoid if I
must.

Wes
**********************

Like I said, it's only the beginning. The frog is in a pot of cold water on
the stove. Leftists are perfectly happy giving away the rights of others,
those rights interfere with their vision of Utopia. The current
administration and the UN are the epitome of their dreams.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

This one is pure paranoid fantasy, Wes. The proposed treaty says nothing
about countries controlling gun sales *within* their borders. It's about
international gun trade.

Gee, looking at a recently purchased firearm, I see parts from Crotia and
from Israel,
anything affecting importing and exporting of arms can affect me and the
enjoyment of my
rights.

Of course, I do not believe that the UN is a purely benefical entity and
is best qualified
to rule over US as you seem to. Paranoid or delusional, I'll stick with
paranoid if I
must.

Wes

Suit yourself. You'll have plenty of paranoid company.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

"Wes" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

[...]

They really are out to get you, Tawwwwm. Be vewy afwaid.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Suit yourself. You'll have plenty of paranoid company.

Cool, power is in numbers.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I'm with you --- with the Oh Bomb Us crowd, I am expecting
many more loss of freedoms.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

Like I said, it's only the beginning. The frog is in a pot
of cold water on
the stove. Leftists are perfectly happy giving away the
rights of others,
those rights interfere with their vision of Utopia. The
current
administration and the UN are the epitome of their dreams.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Paranoid also tends to be paying attention.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Suit yourself. You'll have plenty of paranoid company.

Cool, power is in numbers.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Paranoid also tends to be paying attention.

Paying attention is paying attention. Paranoid is a state of mental illness.

The words we're hearing in this NG, which is a particularly paranoid place,
are characteristic of American politics and political opinion, and have been
for over a century.

If you want to read the classical and prescient explanation of it, written
by Richard Hofstadter in 1964, this is the article from which the book by
the same name was developed, "The Paranoid Style in American Politics." This
is basic and essential reading for anyone who cares about how our political
ideas have developed. It could have been written last week:

http://www.harpers.org/archive/1964/11/0014706

--
Ed Huntress

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Wes" wrote in message
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

Suit yourself. You'll have plenty of paranoid company.

Cool, power is in numbers.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

I have a fire extinguisher in my car, house and garage. I guess I'm
paranoid.
I have insurance on my house, car and business. I guess I'm paranoid.

Damn right you are, you are paranoid that you will need those items and not have them. I'm
the same way. Most people with their heads on straight consider that being responsible
and taking care of your own affairs like a grownup should. The left looks to government
to make it all better when they take risky choices.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Paranoid also tends to be paying attention.

Not going along with the agenda is enough for the left to label you paranoid. I prefer to
stay vigilant and hopefully be able to affect matters before they affect me.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

I have a fire extinguisher in my car, house and garage. I guess I'm
paranoid.
I have insurance on my house, car and business. I guess I'm paranoid.

Damn right you are, you are paranoid that you will need those items and
not have them. I'm
the same way. Most people with their heads on straight consider that
being responsible
and taking care of your own affairs like a grownup should. The left looks
to government
to make it all better when they take risky choices.

Wes

Paranoia, in a parellel case to what's being discussed, would be some
legislator talking about US certifications for school fire extinguishers and
you see a conspiracy to keep your district from buying theirs over the
Internet from Myanmar.

You don't even know what's in the proposal, Wes. Nobody does...because it
hasn't been written yet.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

[...]

Maybe not, but he has his villain identified for sure!

I'm leaning more towards #2

vil·lain

–noun
1.
a cruelly malicious person who is involved in or devoted to wickedness or crime;
scoundrel.
2.
a character in a play, novel, or the like, who constitutes an important evil
agency in the plot.

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb