Genedoc

Default No ever told me..

it could be like this...After completing the saga with the bearings
and arbor replacement(with a lot of help and encouragement from this
group-thanks), while restoring a 61' Craftsman 100 table saw; I tuned
it with a dial indicator and mounted a Forrest Woodworker 1 blade I had
on hand. Had built a two runner crosscut sled, so put it on and made a
cut.... What a revelation, prefect control of the cut and a finish that
needs no sanding. In all my years, it appears I have never cut on a
tuned saw (even a Craftsman) with a sharp blade. So much more of what
I have read now begins to make sense and seems able to be done. Wow!
So what happens with a really good saw? Boggles the mind.

David

David

Genedoc wrote:

Wow!
So what happens with a really good saw? Boggles the mind.

David

Well, what happens with a good saw, blade, and technique is that you get
glue-up quality rips!

Dave

Hi David,

The same thing happens with a good saw. Just because it's better made
and costs more doesn't mean it's immune to the problems that poor
alignment and lack of maintenance cause. I've seen plenty of properly
tuned and maintained low cost saws perform much better than high end
machines. I'll add yours to that list.

Glad you've seen the light, welcome to the club!

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com

Genedoc wrote:
it could be like this...After completing the saga with the bearings
and arbor replacement(with a lot of help and encouragement from this
group-thanks), while restoring a 61' Craftsman 100 table saw; I tuned
it with a dial indicator and mounted a Forrest Woodworker 1 blade I had
on hand. Had built a two runner crosscut sled, so put it on and made a
cut.... What a revelation, prefect control of the cut and a finish that
needs no sanding. In all my years, it appears I have never cut on a
tuned saw (even a Craftsman) with a sharp blade. So much more of what
I have read now begins to make sense and seems able to be done. Wow!
So what happens with a really good saw? Boggles the mind.

David

same thing... but it's easier to get there.

If you have AOL... GTO69RA4 Metalworking 12 January 27th 05 10:11 PM
Overcharged by a plumber ? Al UK diy 39 December 6th 04 11:52 PM
SELL this FBI NOC LIST and MAKE MILLIONS like TOM CRUISE did in MISSION IMPOSSIBLE Keith Woodworking 0 October 25th 04 01:45 PM
Recommendation for local pest control company Sum Home Repair 1 August 29th 03 04:46 AM