Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A Clear Explaination of Exposed Rods At Fukushima Number 4 Reactor

Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

lid wrote:

Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Wow, that's pretty scary! Those pictures from the camera on the concrete
pump are the best I've seen so far, and as the guy says, that is a really
dangerous situation. There may be several pools, with different stuff in
different places. But, if that rack had been full of SPENT fuel, and is
now empty of water and the fuel elements have been smashed by the crane
coming down on it, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

What a colossal mess!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 2, 10:01*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:
Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Wow, that's pretty scary! *Those pictures from the camera on the concrete
pump are the best I've seen so far, and as the guy says, that is a really
dangerous situation. *There may be several pools, with different stuff in
different places. *But, if that rack had been full of SPENT fuel, and is
now empty of water and the fuel elements have been smashed by the crane
coming down on it, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

What a colossal mess!

Jon

I do not know why this tread has not had MINIONS of responders.
The web site pointed too is
http://www.fairewinds.com/
Arnie Gunderson is who this liveleak web site is linking too. His
comments...
Fukushima is Chernobyl on Steroids.

He is very concerned. If you watch the many videos, he teaches the
basics of nuclear reactor theory. I learned more in 45 minutes then
a semester of quantum mechanics ever taught me.
Yes, he's painting a picture of extreme gloom and doom.

This is ****ING serious what's going on in Japan. This will affect
our food quality and health, and with plutonium, for the next 250K
years.

Ignoramus, you indicated how serious this was a few weeks ago. I'm
probably too short time to know your history, but you also indicate
domain knowledge of this industry.

He points out that reactors have much longer lived isotopes then
nuclear bombs. Does anyone here have any estimate of the amount of
radioactive isotopes that the 2000+ bombs put out, vs what Fukashima
has and will continue to put out?

I just googled how many pounds of U235 is in a bomb, bigboy had 22 lbs
http://www.chemcases.com/nuclear/nc-09.html

There is 4700 tons of fissionable material at Fukushima.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1405959/pg1
The web site I got this number from does not indicate if this is all
material in the reactors plus spent fuel. But assuming this tonnage,
it's over 428000 bombs worth of material. So all the fall out that
we've had to recover from for the past 60 years from open air nuke
testing is trivial to what Fukashimi is releasing.
ignator.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 6 Apr 2011 18:49:05 -0700 (PDT), ignator
wrote:

I do not know why this tread has not had MINIONS of responders.
The web site pointed too is
http://www.fairewinds.com/
ignator.

I use a free newserver to post. I use server: news.solani.org. This
thread may not have propagated properly. I have had some problems with
incomplete threading lately. But it's FREE....doh!!!

This is THE BIGGEST nuclear mess ever. There were over 600,000 spent
fuel rods in the cooling pools above the reactors. Several of those
pools are reported cracked and have lost cooling water as per the
video.

Further, I believe they blew the containment cap off of reactor number
three and are covering this fact up.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:57:20 -0700, "." wrote:

sorry to burst your paranoid bubble, but this is NOT chernobyl on
steroids no matter what you say, the comparison of the mass of fuel rods
to the mass of fissile material in BigBoy is meaningless and misleading
both, and you do nobody any great service by foaming at the mouth over
it - it is serious, it is even more serious to those that are close, but
it will not explode in a thermonuclear event even if it all melts and
all goes into one huge pool - it can contaminate a large area, but not
like Chernobyl, and it can and probably will still kill someone or two,
and it is a great wakeup call on the dangers of nuclear energy and why
we really don't want it. but saying it's worse than it is will do no
good, and it will in fact do harm.

Oh....I am sorry. I didn't realize you had THE INSIDE SCOOP as to the
true nature of the mess created at Fukushima.....particularly since
officialdom in the matter seems to be hedging and releasing only very
little real information with the intent to cover up the true magnitude
of the accident.

Sure, no thermonuclear blast. Just a giant contamination of the food
chain in the Pacific and farm land areas here in the US. No problem.
Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Apr 2, 9:26*pm, wrote:
Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Dave

An excellent source of info on radiation and its risks/effects:

http://wormme.com/

He is a nuclear plant health physics worker (professional
babysitter).

Dave