Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dav1936531@is.invalid is offline

Default A Clear Explaination of Exposed Rods At Fukushima Number 4 Reactor

On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:57:20 -0700, "." wrote:

sorry to burst your paranoid bubble, but this is NOT chernobyl on
steroids no matter what you say, the comparison of the mass of fuel rods
to the mass of fissile material in BigBoy is meaningless and misleading
both, and you do nobody any great service by foaming at the mouth over
it - it is serious, it is even more serious to those that are close, but
it will not explode in a thermonuclear event even if it all melts and
all goes into one huge pool - it can contaminate a large area, but not
like Chernobyl, and it can and probably will still kill someone or two,
and it is a great wakeup call on the dangers of nuclear energy and why
we really don't want it. but saying it's worse than it is will do no
good, and it will in fact do harm.

Oh....I am sorry. I didn't realize you had THE INSIDE SCOOP as to the
true nature of the mess created at Fukushima.....particularly since
officialdom in the matter seems to be hedging and releasing only very
little real information with the intent to cover up the true magnitude
of the accident.

Sure, no thermonuclear blast. Just a giant contamination of the food
chain in the Pacific and farm land areas here in the US. No problem.
Dave