Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ignator[_2_] ignator[_2_] is offline

Default A Clear Explaination of Exposed Rods At Fukushima Number 4 Reactor

On Apr 2, 10:01*pm, Jon Elson wrote:
wrote:
Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Wow, that's pretty scary! *Those pictures from the camera on the concrete
pump are the best I've seen so far, and as the guy says, that is a really
dangerous situation. *There may be several pools, with different stuff in
different places. *But, if that rack had been full of SPENT fuel, and is
now empty of water and the fuel elements have been smashed by the crane
coming down on it, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

What a colossal mess!

Jon

I do not know why this tread has not had MINIONS of responders.
The web site pointed too is
http://www.fairewinds.com/
Arnie Gunderson is who this liveleak web site is linking too. His
comments...
Fukushima is Chernobyl on Steroids.

He is very concerned. If you watch the many videos, he teaches the
basics of nuclear reactor theory. I learned more in 45 minutes then
a semester of quantum mechanics ever taught me.
Yes, he's painting a picture of extreme gloom and doom.

This is ****ING serious what's going on in Japan. This will affect
our food quality and health, and with plutonium, for the next 250K
years.

Ignoramus, you indicated how serious this was a few weeks ago. I'm
probably too short time to know your history, but you also indicate
domain knowledge of this industry.

He points out that reactors have much longer lived isotopes then
nuclear bombs. Does anyone here have any estimate of the amount of
radioactive isotopes that the 2000+ bombs put out, vs what Fukashima
has and will continue to put out?

I just googled how many pounds of U235 is in a bomb, bigboy had 22 lbs
http://www.chemcases.com/nuclear/nc-09.html

There is 4700 tons of fissionable material at Fukushima.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1405959/pg1
The web site I got this number from does not indicate if this is all
material in the reactors plus spent fuel. But assuming this tonnage,
it's over 428000 bombs worth of material. So all the fall out that
we've had to recover from for the past 60 years from open air nuke
testing is trivial to what Fukashimi is releasing.
ignator.