Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default A Clear Explaination of Exposed Rods At Fukushima Number 4 Reactor

lid wrote:

Here's a nice video from a former nuclear power executive explaining
views of some of the aerial videos released from Fukushima. Here he
details exposed rods at the number 4 reactor. I think his web site has
more information on the other reactors, but I have not visited it yet.
Headed there now.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=de7_1301717115

Wow, that's pretty scary! Those pictures from the camera on the concrete
pump are the best I've seen so far, and as the guy says, that is a really
dangerous situation. There may be several pools, with different stuff in
different places. But, if that rack had been full of SPENT fuel, and is
now empty of water and the fuel elements have been smashed by the crane
coming down on it, it is an extremely dangerous situation.

What a colossal mess!

Jon