Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WIX Filters for less

I know there have been filter discussions here
before, (like back when I was regretting using Fram)
and I almost think I remember this site having been
mentioned? If so, it's well worth repeating.

http://www.fleetfilter.com/

The fuel filter for my Liberty CRD runs $30 to $40
most places (or $114 at the dealer for the whole head),
but I found a place that sells it
( http://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/33647.html )
for $19.49. Got some air and oil filters while I was
at it. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-26, Steve Ackman wrote:
I know there have been filter discussions here
before, (like back when I was regretting using Fram)
and I almost think I remember this site having been
mentioned? If so, it's well worth repeating.

http://www.fleetfilter.com/

The fuel filter for my Liberty CRD runs $30 to $40
most places (or $114 at the dealer for the whole head),
but I found a place that sells it
( http://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/33647.html )
for $19.49. Got some air and oil filters while I was
at it. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

Yes, and their case deals are even better. They have filters for my
MEP-006A generator too.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve Ackman" wrote in message
I know there have been filter discussions here
before, (like back when I was regretting using Fram)
and I almost think I remember this site having been
mentioned? If so, it's well worth repeating.

http://www.fleetfilter.com/

The fuel filter for my Liberty CRD runs $30 to $40
most places (or $114 at the dealer for the whole head),
but I found a place that sells it
( http://www.fleetfilter.com/filter/33647.html )
for $19.49. Got some air and oil filters while I was
at it. No affiliation other than a satisfied customer.

I used to get a FleetGuard package deal of four oil filters, two fuel
filters, and one air filter for my Cummins. Am not sure now where that was,
but am going to find it or order from these folks. Competitive prices, and
much better filters.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2011-01-26, Steve Ackman wrote:
In , on Tue, 25 Jan 2011
21:34:10 -0600, Ignoramus11185, lid wrote:

http://www.fleetfilter.com/

Yes, and their case deals are even better.

Except when case qty = 1.

Then again, when the fuel filter change interval
is 25k miles, and the case holds 6, that's 150,000
miles worth of filters that I have no space for.

They have filters for my MEP-006A generator too.

I was "around" those some, but never had one
assigned. There was also a unit a bit smaller than
that which was a welder-and-air-compressor-in-one.
Don't recall the nomenclature though.

These are very fun units, very easy to work on.

Y filters Bob Minchin[_3_] UK diy 4 January 24th 10 03:52 PM
Seeking Opinions on air return filters and air vent filters No Way Home Repair 19 June 11th 07 06:52 PM
Air Filters - Questions re the ones for the HVAC and seperate plug-in type air filters. Ron Cliborn Home Repair 3 August 13th 06 05:37 PM