Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hard Chrome ID Tubing Source?

Looking for some precision ID, hard chromed tubing.

Anyone have some good sources?

I prefer to keep it in the USA if possible but at this point, I would
consider just about anything as our current suppliers are having a hard time
keeping up.

Maybe someone here does this kind of stuff?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:http://www.AutoDrill.com
Multiple Spindle Drills:http://www.Multi-Drill.com
VIDEOS:http://www.youtube.com/user/AutoDrill
TWITTER:http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK:http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

I would call these guys..

http://www.indianheadplating.com/

At least be sure to ask for a recommendation, they should know if they
cannot supply your needs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 10:22:00 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Looking for some precision ID, hard chromed tubing.

Search: hydraulic cylinder tubing chrome

For example:
http://www.crconline.com/Components/...oned_tube.html
http://www.teamtubellc.com/en/produc...bing---id.aspx

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Search: hydraulic cylinder tubing chrome

For example:
http://www.crconline.com/Components/...oned_tube.html
http://www.teamtubellc.com/en/produc...bing---id.aspx

--
Ned Simmons

Good idea, but most of those guys hold .002-.005" tolernances ID. I need
0.0005" or so...

I didn't know that last week.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:28:14 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Search: hydraulic cylinder tubing chrome

For example:
http://www.crconline.com/Components/...oned_tube.html
http://www.teamtubellc.com/en/produc...bing---id.aspx

--
Ned Simmons

Good idea, but most of those guys hold .002-.005" tolernances ID. I need
0.0005" or so...

You didn't mention length, diameter or quantity either. But unless
they're awfully large, these folks can do it. You'd have to ask how
they'd handle the plating.
http://www.dearbornprecision.com/ind...vices-provided

Full disclosu they're a customer of mine.

--
Ned Simmons

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You didn't mention length, diameter or quantity either. But unless
they're awfully large, these folks can do it. You'd have to ask how
they'd handle the plating.
http://www.dearbornprecision.com/ind...vices-provided

Full disclosu they're a customer of mine.

I'll give them a ring.

Thank you.

If it matters, 2, 4, 6 and 9" in length with IDs ranging from 1.5" to 6" or
so...

Previous suppler made the tubes in 16' lengths and we had a lcoal lathe shop
part them to length. I would have LOVED to see that hone process...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:11:27 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

You didn't mention length, diameter or quantity either. But unless
they're awfully large, these folks can do it. You'd have to ask how
they'd handle the plating.
http://www.dearbornprecision.com/ind...vices-provided

Full disclosu they're a customer of mine.

I'll give them a ring.

Thank you.

If it matters, 2, 4, 6 and 9" in length with IDs ranging from 1.5" to 6" or
so...

Previous suppler made the tubes in 16' lengths and we had a lcoal lathe shop
part them to length. I would have LOVED to see that hone process...

Make sure you don't overspecify your requirements. They do a lot of
very fussy work in exotic alloys and will give you exactly what you
ask for -- and charge you for it.

--
Ned Simmons