Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr

Default I'm looking for chrome tubing or rods...

....for a built in spice rack drawer. This is something my brother in
law is building for his new kitchen. He wants to use this instead of
dowels. So, he is looking for either a rod or a tube ~1/4" in diameter
and about 24" long. I don't know how many he needs, but I would think
about 10 or 20. I cannot, nor can he, find much out there this size.
Anybody have any pointers?

-Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

jtpr wrote:
...for a built in spice rack drawer. This is something my brother in
law is building for his new kitchen. He wants to use this instead of
dowels. So, he is looking for either a rod or a tube ~1/4" in diameter
and about 24" long. I don't know how many he needs, but I would think
about 10 or 20. I cannot, nor can he, find much out there this size.
Anybody have any pointers?

I'd go with stainless steel. I love it that they misspelled stainless
in the URL. Makes them more human.

http://www.factorysteel.com/304-316-...htm#commercial

Posted to rec.woodworking

polished aluminum or nickle finish rod from local hardware store.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe AutoDrill

See www.mcmastercarr.com or www.mcmaster.com for stock stuff delivered
within a day or so.

Stainless or possibly chrome is available.

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R