Default FS: Welding Rods - premium assortment

I used to be a manufacturer's rep, one line I carried was Nassau
Rockmount welding supplies. I still have a wide variety of "stick"
rods and I have a need to clean out my shop. My computer work and
lots of real work overtime simply do not allow me to do much welding
or metalworking anymore - so, up for sale they go.

LINK: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2584127682

These are some really premium rods, some of it is very specialized and
some of it a little more ordinary. There is quite a bit of high
quality stuff and a complete description down to numbers of the size
and type of rods is included in the auction lot. Many of the rods in
this group were so specialized that it was not uncommon for them to be
sold for $30-50 per pound.

By my count, there are about 18 different types of rods. Using just
ONE of the stud extraction rods would be more than enough to pay for
the entire lot. They include rods for welding cast iron,
brass/copper, hard surfacing, "maintenance" rods, vertical down
stainless, high heat stainless, high alloy and tool steel, etc.

The variety is wide, and would be excellent for someone who runs into
the occasionally difficult welding situation. Additionally, farmers,
repair shops, etc. might be interested in an assortment where you
might get a little bit of everything - several rods in this group
specifically address hard to weld steels.

As of this post, I have a 100% postive eBay and Heatware rating
("insulglass") and ALWAYS give more value than expected. Please feel
free to email if anyone has any questions.

Dave

TSJABS

Myself I would be very skeptical of "old" welding rod. Some jobs especially at
nuclear facilities have a check out time limit to only a few hours that rod can
be out exposed to the elements before it must be disposed of properly and that
includes abunch of paperwork to show the rod has been destroyed.
I realize that is an extreme case but its for a purpose.
I also shy away from any paypal only deals. We call paypal "scampal" because
of so many people getting ripped off thru paypal.

tim

Tim, thanks for the sunny outlook! :-D

Paypal is convenient for me since I purchase so much stuff in my side
business online (see the URL from my email). I can easily work with
someone on a Money Order if they prefer - it just takes longer for
both parties to complete the deal and it isn't as convenient. But
it's no problem. Additionally, I provided TWO places to check my
feedback, I don't know what else I can do to establish that I am a
quality trader. I provided a REAL email address, not an internet
based one.

Odd you should mention nuclear, that's where I work in my real
engineering job. It is unlikely that anyone on this forum will be
welding critical reactor parts... :-)

I tried to be clear that these welding rods have been bagged and in
storage tubes. Furthermore, the entire group have been stored in a
detached and closed garage (my home office is in the same building).
Candidly, the only rods I would be remotely concerned about are the
Aluminum rods; some flux for AL rods can be hygroscopic in nature. I
still think these would weld just fine though. Finally, keep in mind
that Nassau Rockmount has industrial maintenance shops as their
primary customer target. They designed the flux coatings on their
rods for adverse conditions.

If anyone wants any further details or pictures, I can arrange to
provide closeups. Just email me.

Dave

(TSJABS) wrote in message ...
Myself I would be very skeptical of "old" welding rod. Some jobs especially at
nuclear facilities have a check out time limit to only a few hours that rod can
be out exposed to the elements before it must be disposed of properly and that
includes abunch of paperwork to show the rod has been destroyed.
I realize that is an extreme case but its for a purpose.
I also shy away from any paypal only deals. We call paypal "scampal" because
of so many people getting ripped off thru paypal.

tim

I have had a couple of people request the weight of the welding rods
for sale. According to my bathroom scales, the total weight of the
shipped package will be almost dead-on 50 lbs.

I will be shipping from ZIP code 35611. You should be able to plug
this info and your ZIP in at www.ups.com and get a reasonable estimate
on shipping. As mentioned in the auction, shipping is at my exact
cost. Finally, one example - shipping for this package to a location
outside metro New York came to just under $27 via UPS ground.

Thanks to everyone who has taken a look - I appreciate your interest.

Dave

tig welding problems drew j. Metalworking 4 November 25th 03 09:48 PM
Q: Welding Magnesium tony Metalworking 10 November 6th 03 10:31 AM
Cheap Welding Wire Wanted (uk)... Please Recomend mark Metalworking 0 October 27th 03 01:40 AM
gas or not? Joe Metalworking 11 July 29th 03 09:29 AM
Electronic/Automatic welding masks - a good thing? Frank UK diy 1 July 21st 03 12:39 PM