Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Source for 5MM or 3/16 HP tubing

I'm trying to make replacement probes for a fasttest connector.

The tubing is 5 mm and about 1.5MM [.060"] id. I took a chance on some 3/16" 0.090" since
it was close and available at Mcmasters. I think it is going to be weak where I have to
thread it.

The only tubing I know of is even close on ID is 1/4" 150PSI tubing.

http://www.highpressure.com/valves_f...pe=t&section=4

Having worked with waterjet systems, that came to mind. I could make it work but I'd
have to remake other parts of the tester.

Anyone have a source for what I'm looking for? 304 SS would be nice, carbon steel
acceptable.

Thanks,

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.highpressure.com/valves_f...&ptype=t§ion=4

Having worked with waterjet systems, *that came to mind. *I could make it work but I'd
have to remake other parts of the tester.

Anyone have a source for what I'm looking for? *304 SS would be nice, carbon steel
acceptable.

Thanks,

Wes

What do you consider high-pressure? Real high pressure lines use
compression or flare fittings, not threads on the tubing, just because
threads are a built-in stress riser.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
On Mar 31, 5:37 pm, Wes wrote:
[...]

You say 3/16" .090 is this .090 wall thickness? If so, then the
bore of the tube must be only .0075-----3/16=.1875 2X.090=.180--???
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jerry Wass wrote:

You say 3/16" .090 is this .090 wall thickness? If so, then the
bore of the tube must be only .0075-----3/16=.1875 2X.090=.180--???

I'm trying to get something closer to 0.060" ID, the stuff I have now is 0.090" ID.

Wes